Deep Linking on Rogers web site implemented, with bugs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Deep Linking on Rogers web site implemented, with bugs

@OLDYELLR  Glad to help.  I tried looking at the HTML for the page to see if I could explain the difference, but the "Sign In Again" link seems to be managed by the Lithium framework itself, while the "Sign In" and "Register" links are standard HTML with an href to the sign in page.  I assume that Lithium is adding something which allows the "Sign In Again" to work that is missing from the hard coded href link, or there is a variable that should be set to allow it to work and this has not been done.

As long as it works for you, I won't waste any more time looking at code.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, it didn't work this time. Very inconsistent.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I've been trying the red Sign-In link deliberately to see if that was it.

Last time I tried it worked OK.

This time it took me to an error page after  I signed in, saying:

Sorry, we’re unable to retrieve your services details at the moment.

Please chat with a Care Representative for assistance.

However when I clicked to go back a few pages in the browser I found I WAS signed in and able to post this.

When I opened my browser this morning and went to a tab I had for Community Forums, Private Messages, of course I wasn't logged in, but was taken directly to the log in page.  Entered my ID & Password, then got the stupid bouncing logo with the message they were loading my services, and it repeated, over, and over, and over....  until I clicked on Sign Out.

I'm an Advisor

Diito for me as well.

Shut down Firefox and restarted it.

Didn't have to shut down Firefox, just clicked on Sign Out as it kept redisplaying the "loading" page, then it went back to Sign In, I signed in, and was OK from there.

I'm a Senior Advisor

50/50 so far using the "Session expired sign in again" link.

This Sign-In to the Forums STILL isn't fixed.  Just did the Sign-In on the forum page again,  Entered ID/password, it "loaded my services" and returned me to the forum page I was on - with "Sign-In" still displayed at the top and unable to Like or Post.

Had to again go to rogers.com - whch has a "Sign-out" link (because I WAS signed in, the stupid forum code just can't recognize that sometimes), then I had to Sign-Out, Sign-In again, and go manually back to the forum page i was on, which then FINALLY realizes you actually ARE logged in after all.  What a mess.    Smiley Mad

I'm a Senior Advisor

It's got a bit better for me, but maybe I just jinxed it by saying that. Of all the things Rogers is working on to fix, this has to be high on the list for what is supposed to be a communications company.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I was never able to sign into the forums directly and still can't.  If I try to sign in on a forum page, it never signs me in.  I always have to sign into Rogers Accounts, then click on the community forums link at the bottom of the page.  If I've already tried to sign in via the community forums, as some of you have said, you have to sign out of Rogers accounts and then sign back in to get to the forums. What a mess it was, and still is.

Another option that I believe works is to sign into your Rogers accounts, then click on a bookmark in your browser taking you to a specific thread on the forum.

Or open a separate tab in your browser, login to your Rogers account, then go back to your original forum tab and click "refresh".  It then recognizes you as logged in. (That way you don't "lose your place")