Data usage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Data usage

im currently on $53 plan with a 1gb of data,i exceed my data and imover at 160mb . And i asked three different csr about for the amount im goin to pay for my over usage but they cant help me with it. Theyre telling me that i should wait on my bill. How come they dont know the price of my over data usage,can anyone tell me how much it will be? And firstnof all its their fault coz the wifi on my s3 is not working at all.

****Edited Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Data usage

1) Before blaming Rogers for the overage your are at fault. You know your phone as issue with wifi. You should then go see Rogers to get that fix. They are not responsable for defective electronics chips but are responsable for repairing it or exchanging your defective phone for a working phone. 

2) If you check the data plan online and review the "See all details" you would have seen that information.

6. Any additional usage exceeding the data allotment provided is charged in $5 increments ($5/100MB for 100MB data plan and

$5/500MB for remaining data plans). U.S. data roaming is $0.006/kB and International data roaming is $0.03/kB.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WLRS_Plans

I've Been Around

But there is also rules # 9, 10 and 12! which one will apply if I go over my limit? I am on the same plan I think as fist participant:

9. Usage exceeding the data allotment provided is charged in $10 increments. U.S. data roaming is $0.006/kB and International data roaming is $0.03/kB.

10. Additional usage exceeding the data allotment provided is charged at $0.02/MB. U.S.data roaming is $0.006/kB and International data roaming is $0.03/kB.

12. Any additional usage exceeding the data allotment provided is charged in $10 increments. U.S. data roaming is $0.006/kB and International data roaming is $0.03/kB.
I Plan to Stick Around

#9: Applies to Shared Data on Family Plan

#10: See plans chart

#12: Applies to Individual Data plan
I Plan to Stick Around

If you look at that page of individual plans, all of the data allotments have a line under it that says how much additional usage will cost. They are also all marked with term #12. All other data-related terms do not apply to you.

12. Any additional usage exceeding the data allotment provided is charged in $10 increments. U.S. data roaming is $0.006/kB and International data roaming is $0.03/kB.

For the 1GB plans, you are charged $10 for every 1GB you go over... so you'll most likely have an extra $10 to pay.

I've Been Here Awhile

How do you check usage on a travel plan while away? I am in an area that is only WIFI accessible.
I've Been Here Awhile

Data Usage

I have just switched to Rogers and have a question about the data usage. I have unlimited texting with includes picture and video. When I send a picture via text, it sends via 4G and then my cellular data total goes up. How can I accurately keep track of my cellular data usage when it does that?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Data Usage

Firstly, we would need to know what type of phone, etc you are using.

(as it does make a difference, if it is an iPhone)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Data Usage

Hello Worftheterrible

It all depends on what device & OS you have. Most of the times MMS does NOT take up more then lets say 1MB or less depending on the file size of the picture / video. If lets say the video is 5MB, then it will take 5MB from your data. That is how it works.
I'm an Enthusiast

How do you go over 1gb a month?? Do you never use Wi-Fi?