Data overage consent for Rocket Hub?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Data overage consent for Rocket Hub?

This failed me again this morning right before an online meeting.

http:/www.rogers.com/m/dc was not working either.

After restarting the hub multiple times, I somehow got a webpage that allowed me to override the data usage messages. It wasn't the same as the webpage above.

There needs to be a solution that doesn't lock us out of a service we have already paid for. I can't believe that isn't obvious.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well THREE months later and we are still waiting for Rogers to get back to us with a solution. Very frustrating to get cut off from a service we pay heavily for and then have to scramble to get it restored. The CRTC should share some of the blame for this. This may help protect cell phone users from unexpected overages but it does the exact opposite for hub users. We now have to give premature consent to allow overages while still at the bottom of the tiered plan. The result being once you do get close to the overpriced overages there is no warning since you gave it the okay to charge you prematurely. Not an ideal situation for hub customers who already have to pay heavily for a service they require with few if any alternate options.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's still criminal even when there's a world crisis with Covid-19 they are still blood suckers not lifted data restrictions but they do for city people on "home internet" plans that have data caps. What ps's me off is the data caps city folks get are like 400 gigs. Are you serious? 400 gigs then for a couple bucks more your unlimited. OMG. Try paying over a hundred bucks for less than 100 gigs then 50 dollars more for a couple gigs of HOME INTERNET. 

Covid-19 and told to STAY HOME and students all streaming ONLINE COURSES ..... thanks. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is not official, I am not working for rogers by any means.

The one thing I have read about, which is quite possible (it was out of the US, but would apply here as well).

In some areas, depending on how/what the tower setup is, etc.. towers can get overloaded.
I forget who it was on here, but they used cellular internet, but lived near a highway.  During rush hour timeframes, their wireless internet would take a significant hit in performance, as the number of people connected and using that tower would increase.

I could see that in these cases.  Where with unlimited usage on the cellular internet, people might be more inclined to use it consistently, and then could possibly bog down the towers?
This, in the long run could effect the phone usage on those towers then.  Where the phones maybe be used for emergencies?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think it's just rush hour that usage can increase. Cell usage and speeds fluctuate throughout the day. I don't have numbers but I bet the percentage of cell hub users compared to cell phone users is much much lower. If your willing to pay the higher overage fees the cell phone companies are more than happy to accommodate us. If they are concerned about overloading the towers then start laying fibre optic like Vianet are doing in parts of King township.

Bell and company managed to put telephone lines up in the majority of the country over the years so why not do the same with fibre optic.

They keep selling and promoting further use of cell phones so I would have to believe the capacity is there. If the cell network really can't handle it then it's time to offer workable and affordable alternative options because the demand is not going to decrease.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll have to agree that congestion isn't an issue, my lord look at Downtown Toronto and the amount of usage in that core alone! Are you kidding me that alone proves the theory there.
Also I've never yet saw, read or heard of the problem existing albeit on a documentary, television or radio. No one discusses the matter neither does the Telco so I'm thinking myth.
What I do know is they are making millions on the rural hubs versus price per gig than those on cable/dsl/fiber.
The majority of share/stake and CEO's live in areas serviced with unlimited so why care to share when it's out of mind.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Our rocket hub monthly charge appears excessive at $205 please confirm why and how it can be reduced thnx

Highlighted

Hello @sherm,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Thanks for your post. I understand you're trying to keep track of your invoices and making sure they're lowered to a minimum during these difficult times.

Are you familiar with your Rocket Hub Flex Rate plan? In the instance where your usage may have increased, it could mean charges higher than usual. If you were incorrectly billed for overages we'd be more than happy to look into it for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

Thanks!