Data overage consent for Rocket Hub?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Data overage consent for Rocket Hub?

The Rocket Hub Device (MF275R) does have a SMS setting on their back end admin panel (by typing 192.XXX.X.X into your browser).  I have checked many times to see if there are any notifications in their "DEVICE SMS", or "SIM SMS" areas ..... nothing .... ever (it even shows a log of 0/100 ..... but it is always "zero" .... I have never seen a message in there!

The easiest fix is:  have a FIXED HEAVY Plan at the same rate as their top end FLEX Plan (ie.  $145 for 100GB of data)

* then apply the data intercept at $50 over the top end .... ie.  $50 over the $145 = $195.00 ...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

And within this whole discussion and communication, a solution, and well detailed explanation by @RogersCorey is very much appreciated, but a message on the forum is not formal communication to all customers, it is a clarification for this one person and others who asked on this thread, and this is the problem that Rogers has with communication.

We are often able to get clarification from a moderator who does the work to locate the official position and clarification to provide on the board,

But the CSR's, and other contact sources, even an email, a phone call, an SMS, etc doesn't consistently show up.

Rogers was actually given 2 months extension to February to come up with a solution by the CRTC and to communicate it to the CRTC and to the customer,  -  this ongoing lack of communication and clarity and yes, proactivity within Rogers, is why I am so fed up with the company and why I no longer have any loyalty to the company any more, and am in the process of moving my services elsewhere.

It may not be better elsewhere, but I will take the risk, I am tired of hearing these stories on the forums, doing my best to explain, and for a long supporting and explaining CRTC and Rogers decisions, but no more will I do that.

I agree with the statements above by people about the issues of proactive, communication and other items, and this has proven to be very obvious in the recent Pay as You go changes, and this one as well.

Yes, I agree you are working to be in compliance with CRTC, as you must be, but that doesn't stop the company from providing communication, or did they just not bother to worry about it.  Makes me wonder.

Bruce

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cpp5 wrote:

The Rocket Hub Device (MF275R) does have a SMS setting on their back end admin panel (by typing 192.XXX.X.X into your browser).  I have checked many times to see if there are any notifications in their "DEVICE SMS", or "SIM SMS" areas ..... nothing .... ever (it even shows a log of 0/100 ..... but it is always "zero" .... I have never seen a message in there!

The easiest fix is:  have a FIXED HEAVY Plan at the same rate as their top end FLEX Plan (ie.  $145 for 100GB of data)

* then apply the data intercept at $50 over the top end .... ie.  $50 over the $145 = $195.00 ...

Which is an option.. 
But I think they tried to move away from fixed plans on the cellular.. since the $ is much more period.
and for users who then dont use that much usage.. your stuck overpaying.

Though a 'lock' for those who do know they use that much usage consistently, at least as an option, would work.

And I do find it odd that that the rocket hubs dont receive the texts on it..
As I know the MiFi mobile hotspot units do receive texts (we use them at work, and they get notifications when they are in a roaming zone, get the roaming text, etc)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

if we had received an email  that our usage was getting close then we could have applied for more through the web site rather than sitting on the phone sometimes for extended periods of time finally getting to talk to somebody who you realize does not know what you are talking about and deny  you have a problem because they have not been trained or just don't care

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkittywrote:

@cpp5wrote:

Which is an option.. 
But I think they tried to move away from fixed plans on the cellular.. since the $ is much more period.
and for users who then dont use that much usage.. your stuck overpaying.

Though a 'lock' for those who do know they use that much usage consistently, at least as an option, would work.

And I do find it odd that that the rocket hubs dont receive the texts on it..
As I know the MiFi mobile hotspot units do receive texts (we use them at work, and they get notifications when they are in a roaming zone, get the roaming text, etc)

I agree -  I would definitely be paying more for a FIXED HEAVY PLAN at $145/100GB, but I would GLADLY pay the extra $20.00 to avoid the disruption of being cut off at $50 over a Flex Plan (around the 20GB data mark as per @RogersCorey)

I also find it odd that the Rocket Hub can't be set up to send a text/email to the user when they are approaching the data cut off point.

As an update:  our office has only had the "data cut off" happen 1x to us at the beginning of this cycle (early March) and we were only down for 10-15 minutes (although, after we "accepted" the $50 overage, we were back ON for 10 min, then suddently back OFF for 10 min, then back ON for the rest of the time).  We didn't try unplugging or restarting the modem ..... Again, it is completely "guess work" and "trial and error" on how to handle the data cut off.

- We are still waiting for Rogers to post some sort of communication on how to handle the data cut off (ie. data intercept).

Highlighted

Hello Community!

We have not forgotten about you and the issues you have been facing with Data Overage consent for the Rocket Hubs. We have escalated this matter and we are awaiting further instructions from our Wireless teams.

We greatly appreciate your patience while we work on a solution to this matter for you.

Stay tuned!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersTony

When can we expect an update. Or at the very least when can we expect the team to check in again with the wireless team an provide an update on the status.  

I would like to not leave it open ended, as I find Rogers often says we will get back to you but nothing ever comes from it. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersTony

We are still waiting for a fix and update from the wireless team!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have just made my monthly call to technical support in Moncton to have my mobile Internet service restored after having been suspended by the Wireless Code.    Apparently there is a self-service option at http:/www.rogers.com/m/dc but I don't know if it works for RocketHubs.   

Invariably, the technical support agent requests me to restart the RocketHub.    During the winter while absent from my residence, I use my Rogers mobile Internet Service to monitor the temperature of my residence.    My fear is that a future suspension of service will occur during one of these absences.  

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your continued patience. As @RogersTony mentioned, we haven't forgotten about you. 

We’re working on a self-serve solution to make it easier for customers using tablets or similar devices to authorize additional data. We’ll update you as we get closer to that time.

Stay tuned!

Kind regards,

RogersCilio