Data overage consent for Rocket Hub?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Data overage consent for Rocket Hub?

Its more than just an easy solution, as they HAVE TO follow the CRTC rulings on this.
My guess it will require an almost whole re-design on how the flex plans itself works.

My understanding with it... its really based off the first plan, which is where the overage is coming from.
while you go into the next 'pricing' zone... your still technically in an overage from that original plan A.

It would have to require a change.. that say its actually CHANGING plans.
once you go over an overage from A, that it switches to actually plan B.
Then at the cycle reset, auto goes back to A.
So that its now changed into B, there shouldnt be the overage cuttoff.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so this does not excuse rogers from sending a simple email to explain what is going on rather than have the customer thinking his equipment is broken and spending hours trying to find out where the problem exist the hub showed we had wi fi  so the thinking was that it was from the hub into the computer either by Ethernet cable or wireless still waiting for my apology

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Gdkitty

Nobody is saying they should not follow the CRTC rule, but it's not like this was a huge surprise to them. They have known about it for months before it came into effect. That was ample time to at least warn customers that this would happen and this is the solution.

They also did no training with agents on this as the first time I called in it took over an hour for them to figure out what it was.

It's not up to us to keep chasing down a solution it is up to Rogers to fix it or provide a decent solution and I form their customers and agents.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Never said it was. Was just trying to say a ‘fix’ might take a little longer.

Notifying people.. even if they didn’t have the insight to see that it would be an issue before hand, at least notifying when they did realize.

And I fully agree on the training part. I have seen it countless times myself.
Even when a new plan comes out, call in first day to change to it. Person tells me that plan doesn’t exist. Um.. yes it does, it’s right on your web page. Etc

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The problem is they don't even have a simple fix. They tell you go through your browser but unfortunately the message for overages goes right through to the device itself. I have been watching Netflix have it go out and then go to the browser. No message.

I don't think they will actually change the way the plans work though as they have already made new plans that cost a lot more. My guess is they will just leave it like this with the hope people will just switch to the new plans they have and pay more.

They have already proven they don't really care about the customers with this issue as they never notified them, don't train staff, and are not working on a solution.

Typical Rogers, not surprising but typical.
Highlighted

Hello Community!

I would just like to take a moment to elaborate on how our Flex Plans work in compliance with CRTC regulations 🙂

Once a subscriber has reached a Flex Level $50 over the Monthly Service Fees from Flex Level 1, you will need to consent to further overages.

As an example if you have the following Flex Plan Monthly Service Fees:

Level 1 - $60 (up to 5GB)
Level 2 - $75 (up to 10GB)
Level 3 - $90 (up to 20GB)
Level 4 - $110 (up to 50GB)
Level 5 - $145 (up to 100GB)

In this example, once your usage goes passed 20GB, you will have reached Level 4. With the price difference between Level 1 ($60) and level 4 ($110) you will be in Overage, and your data access will be blocked until you consent to resume data usage despite being in overage.

I know it may be inconvenient for those who use this as their primary Internet access... but please understand that this is by design so that we can be compliant as of the December 1st implementation of the Wireless Code Of Conduct.

If you happen to be getting the data intercept earlier or later than what I've outlined above, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps so we can investigate and escalate your account for further review if necessary. You can find instructions on how to PM us here.

As always, thank you for your contributions and for making this Community a pleasant place to be. Enjoy your Sunday afternoon, wherever you are!

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersCorey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm sorry but cutting off access to the internet without any warning or any convenient way to reactivate access is more than an "inconvenience" it's unacceptable. For the first time being a Rogers customer I am seriously considering switching to another provider and never dealing with Rogers again. Thank you for your response.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you pembrett for you great summary!

I also appreciate @RogersCorey for responding to our post(s).  Your summary helps establish when the data intercept will occur, however, if it was this "simple" then we wouldn't be having these problems!  The data intercept will occur at random times (ie at the beginning of the cycle, middle of the cycle or end of the cycle).  Also, not a single Rogers Agent has outlined the steps in order to solve the problem --- only community members are outlining their strategies to solve the issue!

Please, @RogersCorey , have someone outline the following steps (out line them in order and accurately please):

How to log onto the back end rogers/m/dc page? 

Do you have to use a device that is currently connected to the HUB in wifi setting? 

Does the wifi need to be turned on/off on your device to enter this rogers "back page"? 

Does the HUB need to be powered on/off and does the battery need to be taken out after "accepting" the $50 over?  

How long do we have to wait before turning the HUB back on/off?

What do we do when the HUB does not connect and allow the data to start flowing?

What are the next steps to take when the "accept" doesn't turn the data back ON?

I also agree with the previous poster stating that the "inconvenience" is UNACCEPTABLE.  Shouldn't we receive an email notification (or at least a notification within the HUB back end admin panel) BEFORE the data is cut off?  We need a warning notification BEFORE the data goes out .... not after!  (just like all cell phone users .... mobile internet users need the same type of notification before being cut off!)

Also - @RogersCorey - you nicely outlined the FLEX plans .... Why doesn't Rogers just increase their FIXED Data plans??  All of this trouble can simply be removed if you allowed FIXED plans at the same rate as the FLEX rates .... I would gladly just pay the $145 for 100GB of data at a FIXED RATE and will gladly "accept" the overage fees if I go $50 over that type of plan (ie. I reach $195) ....... This current FIXED HEAVY plan ($60 for 5GB and charge us $$ for each 5GB of data) IS NUTS!!  ...... just have an option for a new FIXED HEAVY plan!!

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dastrum wrote:

I'm sorry but cutting off access to the internet without any warning or any convenient way to reactivate access is more than an "inconvenience" it's unacceptable. For the first time being a Rogers customer I am seriously considering switching to another provider and never dealing with Rogers again. Thank you for your response.

Not saying not to switch, you have to do what you need to do.

But before you leave.. CHECK the other carriers as well, and how they are handling the issue.

If their device doesnt have an easy way of responding to the message.. or on their site, etc... you could very easily run into the exact same issue at another carrier 😞
As they would have to abide by the same CRTC rulings.. and if their flex plans are set up in much the same way..

Maybe they need to reach out to the MFG of the device itself... get them to make an interface in the unit which can receive and reply to text messages?  That can receive the warning and then could respond to it, etc?