Data Usage!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Data Usage!

Hi, I was wondering where can we check what our data is mostly spent on? I was fine with using 6GB in the last months, but recently I have been going over my usage and would like to know what I'm using that is making my usage sky rocket so I can fix it?

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Data Usage!

Hello cabs

The only way to view that will be If the phone it self shows you the list of applications and how much data they are using.. I know Blackberry and Android do it. I am sure Apple does as well in the settings.

Rogers won't show you tho. They only show how much data is being used per day. Best thing to do is check the settings or download a application which will record it all and tell u.

Always remember streaming YouTube videos or playing games which use data will consume more data. Also leaving applications on which need to refresh or emails will cause this.
I've Been Here Awhile

Where in the Iphone settings would this be? and do you know the name of the application that will let me know where most of my data is going?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cabs

Go into Settings - Cellular. If you scroll down a little bit at first you will see your total history. It will show your Call Time and total Cellular Data Usage, just like it did in iOS 6.

If you scroll down further, you will get an alphabetical list of all the apps have use cellular data.
I've Been Here Awhile

yes, but it doesn't tell me how much data Ive been using for each app and that is what I'm asking. I'm wanting to know what app Ive been using the most data on so I can fix it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cabs

That is the data section u will see on how much data the applications use. Follow the steps from the link below which are the same as mine. U will see

http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/25/ios-7-how-to-monitor-track-your-cellular-data-usage/
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks so much!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cabs

You are welcome! 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

I have 3 phones sharing 6gigs of data and for the last two months I am unable to track the data for each phone. This leaves me unable to keep track of my data. I also have received warnings of 100% usage and my son on his phone also. What the heck is going on? The three phones are not doing anything different at all and are usually using just wifi.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ycdejong

Are u sure they are on WiFi all the time? Sometimes the WiFi will turn off due to no signal or sleep mode at night and the apps that are running on or off of the background will cause data to come out.

You can download apps that will track the data u are using and also on ur iPhone u can track it in the settings as well!
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 10 in conversation