Data Overages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Data Overages

Hello Hockey821

It depends on the data plan u have. Best thing to do, is contact Rogers and have the rep tell u what it is or go on the website and see if it will tell u.

I'm Here A Lot

Data Overages

Yes please tell us your plan maybe I can tell u?

I Plan to Stick Around

Data Overages

Well it's not my plan that went over but he has 200MB of data a month.. He used as of today 263 total. So 63MB over..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Data Overages

every plan is different, so its hard to say.

Some are based on a per MB rate.. so could be something like 20c / mb

Some others, are more on a flat rate scale.. $15 for anything between 1kb over to a whole extra BG (with those, you may as well USE the extra usage then).'

As meowmix said, best to call in and ask.

I Plan to Stick Around

Data Overages

I called and found it. It's 0.05MB after.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Data Overages

Hello Hockey821

There you go. Seeing as you called in & got the answer, this " person" can not calculate & see how much they will owe Rogers for going over their data.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Data Overages

Just purchased the phone less then a week ago and within two days I was over halfway through my data plan. I was set up with a 500mb plan, I just want to know how much it's going to cost me per mb used past the 500. Right now I'm 50mb over and terrified to see what my bill is going to be.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Data Overages

I am guessing with a new phone.. and new plan, your on the NEWER 500mb one...
Those ones, are $15, for up to 1g extra of data.. so anything between that 50mb and 1g, would only be an aditional $15.

Bigest thing now, is to figure out your USAGE.. and if that plan will suit you or not.

(or change your usage patterns)

What have you been doing on the phone?

What programs?  Have you been watching videos?

Do you have it connected to wifi (say at home, work,etc) whenever you can?

At least, there is no lock down on plans.. you can freely switch to one with more GB, with no penalty.

I've Been Here Awhile

Data Overages

Just instagram and facebook. My old phone had two mb and that lasted me a heck of a lot longer then what I have now. I don't watch any sort of videos on the phone because I know they'd eat up data like crazy. It's always connected to wifi when possible.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Data Overages

Instagram and facebook, while yes should not use up as much as video.. if its very IMAGE heavy, they can add up in the end.

Which phone did you have before?  Some like the older blackberry use data very differently.