Data Overage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Data Overage

HOW can your company  ROGERS justify charging me 123 dollars for over usage of 41gb in data usage?  Not to mention how i have to check my bill every month because my bill is aways different.  Ill tell you what i go through every month with your company.  being charged tech expert. 14.99  Not taking $4 dollar channels off when i specifically have told you I cannot afford cable and can only pay 24.99 for basic cable. Its terrible by the way. You basically get channels 1-12, I find your company very sneaky. Ive been told I will be credited and then the credit that I was told would be on the bill is not there. I can't deal with your company anymore.  

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Data Overage

Possibly reaching out to community helps by Private message (click on your icon and go to messages - type in communityhelps as the to:

Maybe they can work with a response to help you clean up some of your issues.

Note:  I am just a customer like you and I hear they can be very helpful.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree with BS, in reaching out to @CommunityHelps

They may be able to adjust/remove stuff properly.

Additional channels, if your not watching them, should be able to be removed, assuming that its not part of some BUNDLE that was signed up for on contract.

The Tech Xpert, if you ever did use their extended tech support, might have been why it was added on.  But if your not using it, should be able to be removed.

As for the overages?  While i personally dont agree with them, and sometimes the RATE of what is charged for them..
They are usually outlined with whatever package you have... you have X amount of usage.. if you go over it, you need to pay at whatever rate.  If you are regularly going to be going over that amount of usage, usually is cheaper to go UP a package. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I will do that Smiley Happy
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been charged with data overages twice in the past three months despite having next to no service when I am not connected to wifi and rarely using my phone outside of my apartment. I keep my LTE off and do not excessively use my phone. I only receive notifications after the data has apparently been dramatically over-used. I don't understand how this can happen and I am so frustrated with Rogers over this. I will 100% be switching carriers before my billing date ends this week.

Hello @lindseymhughes,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums Robot Happy!

I realize no one likes seeing unexpected charges, especially data overages on the invoice. May I know what device are you using? Are you on a Share Everything plan? If yes, how many users are sharing the data included in the plan? You mentioned, this has happened twice in the past three months, have your usage habits changed in the past three months? Do you have any apps running in the background? 

Just need a little bit more information to assist you further.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I am not on a share everything plan. I have been on the same plan for over 7 years and using my current device (an iPhone 6) for three years. It is a basic 5 GB plan with unlimited call/text and a voicemail/caller ID add-on. I had never gone over on my data until these recent experiences. My habits have not changed, the only thing that seemed to change was I had almost no service anywhere in public so I truly do not understand how it says I used so much data. After the first overage charge, I ensured my LTE was always off and was always connected to wifi at home. If my habits changed, it was only to ensure I used less data. 

As far as I know, the only background apps that might use data are weather and news but that would have always been the case - not just in the past three months. I typically don't keep my applications open except when I am using them. 

Good afternoon @lindseymhughes,

I appreciate the details you have provided. Just to ensure please review your Background App Refresh and WiFi Assist settings under General. In addition, we do not have access to what the data is being used for, however if you do want us to review your account for you please PM us @CommunityHelpsIf you're not familiar with our private messaging system please visit the blog here

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

Asking where can I check new data overage rates?

The information left on help center right now is all old information. Where can I find the new overage charge rate?

Or else would just tell me will be great as well.

Thank you

Good evening @Armen,

Thank you for posting your query and welcome to the Rogers Community!

I totally understand your concern and certainly want to help you shed some light on this.

The overage rate at which you would be billed, for data consumption greater than what is included in your price plan, depends on the plan itself.

This means that, even if our rates changed over the years, you might be billed a different rate, in the instance where you're on a grandfathered plan, for example.

Do you know the type of plan you currently have and when it was added on your line?

This information would be helpful in identifying the rates that apply to you.

Let us know if you require further assistance!

RogersMaude