Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

@3seats1 wrote:
Two weeks already and no one from Rogers has made any attempt to contact me.

And they won't contact you. You need to contact them.  I have found the mods on this forum to be quite helpful.  You can contact them via PM - link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

You can also contact them in the various ways mentioned in the Contact Us page:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus Click Billing & Payments.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I've been a 20 year Rogers customer and have all my services (Home phone, Internet, TV, and wireless) with Rogers. Over the past 3 months during a Covid-19 pandemic, we have had to be pay more than ever before despite having a Rogers bundle. We have the most basic TV plan and the yet we are paying more than their Ignite premier bundle. I tried contacting Rogers customer support with little help. They simply said we cannot switch you over to a cheaper plan even though you are paying more than what you're receiving. Anyone in a similar situation? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh yes - I've been told that the package I currently have has been grandfathered in, and that digital cable will at some point disappear, at which time I will be forced to get the Ignite TV package.  Nothing like leaving us without a choice.  I was told it would be cheaper, but it is, in fact, not cheaper than my current cable/internet costs, which are with two separate companies.  I've been a customer for over 30 years - one would think there would be some sort of bonus for that kind of loyalty.

Highlighted

Hello @paperclip & @slb260, Good Morning!

@paperclip, congratulations on your first post and welcome to the community 😊

I hope both of you are doing well in this difficult situation.

We appreciate your long loyalty to Rogers. I can understand that it has not been an easy journey for us due to this COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like to discuss your options further, please send us a PM so that we can take a look at your account to determine if there are any missed opportunities for further savings. 

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here https://roge.rs/2Yr3vVF.

Regards

RogersNiki

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Like many of you after 17+ years with Rogers, I am beyond disappointed by the downward trajectory of their service over the years and their lack of loyalty to a long-time customer. I've always supported the company and have never been one to threaten to leave to save some money with another carrier. Far better options and better prices are offered to customers that have been with Rogers for less than half the time I have (and no these were not "introductory offers to new customers"), and when I make a kind request for a similar offering, I get mocked and personally disrespected by being told (and I quote...) "Oh so you just want a better deal than everyone else gets?". Even then I stayed. Every time I reach out, there are no offers available "at this time", try again in a few months. Well I have exhausted all options now and I asked another carrier what can be offered (I did not even tell them that I was planning to switch from another carrier). What they were able to offer was miles away from what I currently get with Rogers, and it was not just a short-term offer to bait me. When I informed Rogers of everything I've been through and that I'd be willing to stay even if they can offer something similar, they still can't even come close. I've done all I can as a loyal customer, but it has never been reciprocated. I hate to say it, but after all this time I will be leaving.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

In my case, I vowed I would dump Rogers Cable after it exceeded $100. Because I had a grandfathered VIP plan, I knew there was nothing equivalent Rogers could offer for less. In fact, the current TV packages have a whole lot fewer channels for a lot more money.  So I bit the bullet and switched to a service that gave me the channels I needed for less.  In my case it was convenient because it was the same provider that I already had  internet and home phone with, so a no-brainer for me. However, if you have an internet and home phone bundle with Rogers, leaving would be a lot more complicated.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I received same treatment. Called as my loyalty discount is ending at end of July. Was told it's not being renewed and they stated my bill will increase by $40. I've been a customer since 1994 - 26 years. However, my friend called and received discount of $55 off internet and cable bundle.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had been on the phone with Rogers for over an hour, 50 mins on hold mind you. I simply asked if there was a better price plan for a customer that has been with the company since 1993 than a new customer walking off the street. They simply said no and have no other options besides what is advertised. A better than $35 dollar Talk and Text plan is all I'm asking, not asking a lot for being with Rogers for almost 30 years! I haven't switched because I do not want to lose my number. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Eagle07 wrote:

A better than $35 dollar Talk and Text plan is all I'm asking, not asking a lot for being with Rogers for almost 30 years! I haven't switched because I do not want to lose my number. 

You do not say what plan you have presently.  Rogers is not your only option (unless you have a bundle including TV, home phone and internet, which makes it more complicated). You don't have to lose your number when switching providers. Check out Seven Eleven Speakout  

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Greetings @Eagle07,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your first post! We hope all is well at your end and that you've been keeping safe during this challenging time. 🙂

We certainly appreciate your loyalty and would love to keep you as our valued customer if we can! Please feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can have another look at your options. Hopefully, we can find something suitable to your needs!

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura