Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

I have been with Rogers since it was Rogers Cantel over 25years of loyal service. When I Called today to see about a loyalty program I was told that they no longer offer that. All customers are treated equally. I was offered the same price as any new customer bringing their own phone. I can go elsewhere and pay that same price so I'm done with Rogers after 25 years.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am jumping on the bandwagon too. I have been a loyal 25 year Rogers customer. I was looking to upgrade my device and had to call 3 times before getting someone in the "loyalty dept". I was attempting to do a device upgrade while keeping my bill as close as possible to what I currently pay. I had done my research with other competitors. Spent an hour on the phone only to hear that not only should I expect to pay what I was quoted as they cannot do anything about the device price or plans, regardless of whether you are looking for a recently released phone of one that's been on the market for months. I would be paying for data I will never use and get to pay them $500 at the end of the term if I choose the cheapest plan and my phone is not pristine at the end of term. OR I could change providers and get the exact same device and plan for the same best price Rogers offers with far less conditions from a company that I have not been supporting for a quarter century. Disappointed in Rogers immensely.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've been with Rogers for over 15 years and was disappointed to learn they weren't able/willing to give me a better deal than one of their competition. they won't even honour my current deal and add a new phone. The best they will do is knock $5 a month off the new contract but it will still be over $100 plus tax. I am currently paying $90 month with taxes. It is frustrating to see new customers be able to get better deals that someone who has stayed for so long. I've tried reaching out to customer service and had no success, spoke with retention and no joy there either. I've been happy with Rogers over all and don't necessarily want to leave,however, when I can get a deal at $80 after taxes a month with a new phone why wouldn't I leave? The funny thing is that my wife who is now a former Rogers customer left because she couldn't find a deal to her liking and the day after she canceled her package she got calls every day for a week with better and better offers to stay with Rogers. All of the offers were far better than what she was offered when she was still with Rogers. If anyone has a suggestion on another department I can talk to happy to try it. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been With Rogers for 29 years. The story is the same as is with all of you. Their limit is a $5 discount. There was a day when I received free upgrades and wrote a custom plan. Rogers Loyalty doesn’t exist anymore. They don’t care. If they did they would be calling us with new offers as a thank you for sticking with them. They won’t see 30 years with my dime.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So we are continuing to research Ignite TV.  I was under the impression, based on speaking to a representative, that it would be "SO MUCH CHEAPER!!" (in their words).  Well, apparently the bundle deals are over and they don't know when a deal might come up again.  We've been customers of Rogers for 35 years or so, but I guess that doesn't help...…  The other question I had was - does anyone know if there is an installation fee?  

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@slb260  What TV plan do you have now? Legacy digital cable? Do you rent or own your boxes?  I've had VIP for over 10 years and been a Rogers cable customer at least 30 years. When Ignite was first announced via private email to members of this board I thought it was some kind special introductory offer and called to inquire. Turns out I would have had to pay more than twice as much a month and for fewer channels than what I was paying and also subscribe to Rogers internet, so absolutely no deal. Also there was the $150 installation fee, which apparently now some people were not being charged, but I can't be certain. But that's all BC (Before COVID) and they won't be coming into your house to install it for maybe another month, depending on the backlog.  Right now I'd sit tight with what you have because you can't change it.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, legacy digital. The rep told me that digital cable will be disappearing, so at some point I will have to change.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

All these fees they are charging me so i can pay them a ridiculous amount of money. Bye rogers.

Highlighted

Hey @smltwngirl

Congratulations on your first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound! Thank you for your continued loyalty to us! We'd love for you to stay! 👍 With that said, what fees are you being charged? How about we have a gander at your account to see if we can make things more cost-effective for you? If you are able to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps that would be much appreciated! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please Click Here. Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Regards, 

RogersJo 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Two weeks already and no one from Rogers has made any attempt to contact me.