Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

I had heard that they are getting rid of retention deals, if this is happening I'll be finding different avenues when my current deal is up.

I'm sorry this happened to you during this time or any time 😞

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been a long time Rogers customer (over 20 years!) with varying degrees of service.  Up until a week ago I only had TV (old VIP+) and home telephone and was looking to bolster my account with internet.  I inquired over chat (phone wait was too long) and was happy to hear that I would qualify for Premium TV, home phone, and 150mbps unlimited internet for only $10ish more than what I currently paid.   Knowing about the situation in the world today I got myself acquainted with how to self-install Ignite for when the time came to upgrade my service (as per the Rogers website - no techs are being sent out at this time).  When I received the box and went to install it, I found out that only the internet portion of my bundle was "Ignite" and the TV was a previous Premier package that didn't have all the perks, including the Flex channels which I was very much looking forward to.  At no point did the rep clarify for me that the package would not be the Ignite TV package, so I was very disappointed.  I immediately called to voice my concerns and was quickly told that Ignite services were no longer being installed due to the inability of techs to enter residences.  While I wholly understand this, I just wish I had been told that this was the case beforehand, especially since the Rogers website is riddled with "Self-Install Ignite" ads.

Furthermore, the installation of the internet Ignite has crippled my TV service rendering most basic channels unwatchable.  When I called tech support they guided me through some potential fixes and then finally decided to send a tech out (?!?).  The tech was supposed to come Monday between 6-8pm and ended up cancelling around 7pm.  He told us he'd come the next morning between 11am-1pm and when he did, told us he'd only inspect the exterior box and if that was ok, he'd send a replacement set-top box to fix the problem.  We didn't hear back from him or Rogers at all.

After calling Rogers again, very upset, I ended up cancelling all my services with them and got nothing resembling an attempt to keep me with them. 

The next day, a generic email arrived asking me to give Rogers another chance.  Being with them so long, I figured I should try.  After explaining the above situation, the best offer I got was a more expensive plan for fewer services than what I was previously offered, as "reactivation" doesn't allow for the same deals I was privy to before.  I declined.

Anyone have a similar experience?  Some advice?  I know I may have over-reacted by cancelling my services but I feel like the lack of customer service has been appalling.

Steven

Highlighted

Hi @scythe66!

Welcome to the community! And thank you for sharing your experience with us. This was incredibly troubling to read, and the experience you had is most certainly not the level of service we strive to provide. Given you've already cancelled your service we hope that in time you'll consider giving us another opportunity in the future. All the best to you.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Long time Rogers Internet customer can't get a discount from Customer Service

I have been a loyal Rogers' Internet customer for over 25 years. I asked for a discount on the posted rate for the 1Gb Ignite internet package but got told that Rogers no longer gives discounts for "loyalty". All i wanted was for them to withhold the monthly modem fee of $10, to lower my cost. Got a Big fat NO!.

Loyalty is now a four letter word to Rogers.

Highlighted

Hello, @reyazr

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

First and foremost, we cannot thank you enough for your loyalty to the Rogers brand for the last 25+ years. I can completely understand your desire to save some money on your bill for your services.

Our offers change from time to time but we can certainly take a look at your services to ensure you are on the right plan and see if there are any offers available to you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Looking for where to give my feedback. NOT on tbe website, NOT on the many agent i talked to on the phone. Just feedback on rogers themself. To let them know i feel there prices are insane, there not bad with the promos. But once the promos are over your bill jumps to a ridculous price. How i can add 2 mediocre channels for more than a streaming service costs for a month. How is this a good bussiness model? Telling me all the time how much you care about me, then try to squeese me for every cent you can. A simple and successful bussiness model is provide a good service at a good price thats it!. 

Highlighted

Hello, @Justacustomer12

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We appreciate your feedback on our pricing structure. While our offers and promotions do change from time to time, we will be more than happy to review your package to make sure it suits your needs. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been a loyal customer since around 2004 or 2005. I really like Rogers and I've never had a problem with the phones or network. The only time there is a problem is when I actively want to give them my money. Right now, I use no more than 3G of data shared between two lines. Rogers will only offer me no less than 10+ G of data, and 10+ G on the second line, which is $75 for a second line! My last two chats have been shockingly bad in terms of so called "solutions" which goes like this: 

General Info
Chat Start Time: 05/03/2020 04:26:47 PM
Chat End Time: 05/03/2020 05:12:01 PM
Chat URL: https://www.rogers.com/web/totes/upgrade/#/build-plan
Referer URL: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/self-serve/signin
Name:  
Email:  

Initial Question: Phone upgrade for both lines

So......no retention or loyalty, or anything for that matter. So Rogers.....you don't want my money? $6139.92 for two years? 

What you're saying is that I'm in the same boat as someone who has not been paying you for 15 years? 

This must also make the job of your retention people incredibly sad and difficult. So sad also that we are experiencing a world health pandemic and you're not even giving me a slight discount despite every other single business providing accommodation and discounts. Nonsense. Rubbish. 

Highlighted

Good evening @kaycardinal,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

We certainly value all our customers and definitely do appreciate long time customers such as yourself for your business.

I realize promotions can be a great incentive when upgrading to a new phone. I can assure you my colleagues would have gone over all available options. Sometimes a proposed resolution isn't one ideal for the customer.

As always please keep an eye on https://www.rogers.com/promotions/wireless for what's new and available!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Retention offers

I have been Rogers internet and mobile customer for many years. For the first time, I received a firm no on my request for a retention offer. I wonder what happened with Rogers and if this is related in any way to the ongoing pandemic. Just curious as to your experience. As for me, I am going to see if Bell would offer me a better deal.