Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Hello,

I would like to first start this off first by saying that I have been a Rogers Wireless customer since 2002'ish and have never jumped ship, despite the questionable service I have received in the past.  Every time I have to deal with addressing my account on any subject matter, I generally do not feel the love yet I keep by coming back for more

Previously I had a special discount applied to my account because of my employer, however since I am no longer employed by this company as soon as I make a change I loose this discount, which I totally understand and accept.  I went into a Rogers store and inquired about changing my phone.  The CSR advised that nothing can be done to my account unless I contact Rogers support and update my plan.  I contacted Rogers support and Rogers support was less than helpful with providing anything remotely close plan and the "best" they could do was not even in the same ballpark.  Despite having a 17 year relationship with Rogers, they would not meet me in the middle.

Online, brand new customers to Rogers receive far better deals, even to what I was discounted prior, and yet veteran customers are treated like garbage essentially.  Its like Rogers wants to loose your business.   So where is Rogers loyalty to their customers?  I can (and am) switching to either Telus or Bell (Since Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers), and will have a far better plan that what I am currently receiving.  I will just have to endure some inconvenience to port out my number to another company, but a $50 savings per month ($600/year) I would say is worth it.

These conglomerate businesses do not value their existing customers, so why should the customers stick with them.  Why not just change companies every few years?  Rogers has no loyalty, why should we.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Hello @Josh_,

We certainly value all our customers and definitely do appreciate long time customers such as yourself for your business. I realize employee discounts can be quite lucrative, but before you do decide to switch providers I would like to review your account and see if we can offer you any alternate pricing options.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not sure how our private message system works? Please click here to learn more 🙂.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I feel your pain.
I've been a loyal customer for 17 years as well and was recently advised of an approved credit. Although 3 managers have approved this, they still won't apply it to my account.
I wasted 2 hours this morning getting transferred from one person and another and another and now I have to wait for a call from another manager.
Is the credit really worth losing a customer over? I don't think Rogers has the right tactic when it comes to customer service.

Hello, @Crooks_87.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for joining this conversation; we greatly value your loyalty of 17 years. We can investigate the credit approved for you and make sure you hear back from the manager at the earliest. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can proceed with the investigation. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

It is kind of amazing how many people are having the same problem, I was reading reviews online about Rogers and they are all very similar on the bad costumer service for existing clients. I recently had the same type of experience as you, I have been a costumer of Rogers for 15 years, I recently got an upgrade on my phone and plan, the that I received that was this great deal was 4 gb of data plus my new phone for $110 per month, now I look on the rogers website and you can get the unlimited data plus a newer phone then then one I got for $110 per month. I call the costumer service and asked for the loyalty department to see if they could do any better, what I was told is the best they can do is to take the plan from $110 down to $105 per month. so what this is telling me is that Rogers values my 15 year of loyal service at $.33 per year, I have looked at other companies and found that I can get a better deal coming in off the street with them then I can be loyal to a company that does not value its clients. I have been very disappointed with this experience and I will have to see if this message will even be replied too as some of my pervious attempts have had no response.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dinn wrote:

...I have looked at other companies and found that I can get a better deal coming in off the street...

Of course, it's called a loss leader to get your business.  In the years that follow, the prices will rise.

Unless you purchase something with a "price guarantee" (usually restricted to a certain time period), there is no incentive (or reason) for the seller to give you a "refund" for the difference.

You can try contacting the mods here per post 4 of this thread.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've been a Rogers customer since the 1980s. I have never called and threatened to jump ship in order to get a better deal, but I've seen plenty of posts from people who did that, escalating to Retentions and were successful. About 10 years ago I got a call from Rogers offering me a free (discontinued, refurbished) PVR and digital TV for less than I was paying for my analog TV package and I accepted. I'm sure it was a good move by Rogers in view of what I pay now. The only way I can consider Rogers is messing up customers is with the annual increases, and that's only becuse I'm on a diminishing retirement income and inflation.

But getting to the point of this thread, the communications business is very competitive. Of course a competitor will offer a better deal if you switch. But it will be a limited time discount and after a year you're back to Square One. To hope that Rogers will automatically give you a better deal if you say you'll switch to Bell (for example) is ludicrous. If that were possible, customers could switch back and forth constantly taking advantage of better deals being offered.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

In my post I NEVER said that I was going to switch I said I looked at other company's to see what they offered and that a person coming in off the street can get a better deal then a long term client. this included Rogers as I looked at the offer they where giving my co worker who has been with them for only 2 years. I have been with rogers for 15 years for a reason, I get decent coverage everywhere I go, for the most part it has been a good company to deal with and I am not some one that switches from company to company like so many other I know do. I looked into other company to do my due diligence before I called costumer support. what I am looking for is someone to tell me why some people can get better deals then others for the same package and why long term clients don't get the best deals the company can offer, or even when a new deal comes up they do not notify their costumers that it is available.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dinn wrote:

...what I am looking for is someone to tell me why some people can get better deals then others for the same package and why long term clients don't get the best deals the company can offer, or even when a new deal comes up they do not notify their costumers that it is available.  

We already indicated why, but lets expand on those discussions.  Any new customer with any communications company can usually obtain a short term deal on services.  This is an attempt by that corporation to get you to sign up, or switch. When that deal runs out, you can sometimes negotiate a price reduction based on your overall package with that company, however, those reductions are not as large as they used to be.  Some people are better negotiators than others and some people are lucky in the CSR they get, and some people don't like to negotiate at all, so the price you pay depends on many factors.  Sometimes you can contact "retentions" and attempt to get a better deal, however, that doesn't work as well as it used to either.

These are corporations whose sole purpose is to maximize profits, so it's not in their interest to notify people of a "new deal", etc.  If you're interested in how corporations work, please watch the documentary "The Corporation".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379225/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

They do sometimes advertize a "new deal" though. Recently Rogers heavily advertized their "Unlimited" data plans, etc.

I've Been Around

Rogers are only concerned about the money, they don't care about their customers. Very bad customer service!