cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

Josh_
I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

I would like to first start this off first by saying that I have been a Rogers Wireless customer since 2002'ish and have never jumped ship, despite the questionable service I have received in the past.  Every time I have to deal with addressing my account on any subject matter, I generally do not feel the love yet I keep by coming back for more

Previously I had a special discount applied to my account because of my employer, however since I am no longer employed by this company as soon as I make a change I loose this discount, which I totally understand and accept.  I went into a Rogers store and inquired about changing my phone.  The CSR advised that nothing can be done to my account unless I contact Rogers support and update my plan.  I contacted Rogers support and Rogers support was less than helpful with providing anything remotely close plan and the "best" they could do was not even in the same ballpark.  Despite having a 17 year relationship with Rogers, they would not meet me in the middle.

Online, brand new customers to Rogers receive far better deals, even to what I was discounted prior, and yet veteran customers are treated like garbage essentially.  Its like Rogers wants to loose your business.   So where is Rogers loyalty to their customers?  I can (and am) switching to either Telus or Bell (Since Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers), and will have a far better plan that what I am currently receiving.  I will just have to endure some inconvenience to port out my number to another company, but a $50 savings per month ($600/year) I would say is worth it.

These conglomerate businesses do not value their existing customers, so why should the customers stick with them.  Why not just change companies every few years?  Rogers has no loyalty, why should we.

***Edited Labels***

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Customer loyalty but Rogers loyalty?

rgabows
I've Been Here Awhile

Got a call last week from Rogers telling me that the discounts that were applied to my account for internet/cable/phone have come to an end and that they had some new options available for me.
To keep my existing service meant my fees were going up another $30.  In addition to these services I also have my families cell phones attached to the account, and the monthly Rogers bill is a few dollars away from $700 a month.  $8400 a year...going to Rogers.

So after playing phone tag the last week I finally get a representative who tells me that if I switch from my current internet/cable/home phone plan to the Ignite offering she can give me a deal.   She reviews what I currently have and determines that she can beat my current plan by $3 a month...(after my $30 increase) by reducing the home phone package i have, and by reducing the cable package I have.   I will have to replace the 4 digital set top cable boxes I have with rentals.  I have to reduce the number of channels I watch.  I have to eliminate my North American long distance package.  Sounds like a helluva deal.   Pay $27 more than I did last month and get less services.

After 30 consecutive years of being a Rogers customer, this is another slap in the face.  I would hate to do the math on how much money I have paid to Rogers over 30 years....but it has to be approaching $200,000.   Makes me ill.

Garry97
I've Been Here Awhile
I am using rogers services from last 3+ years paid all bills on time still no offers from rogers and no discounts , no promotion so its better if I switch to other providers they are much cheaper .

warped77
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been with Rogers more years than I can remember, but the time to seriously consider moving on has arrived. I have a Special offer upgrade available since my package is coming to an end. It shows the price, but when I add it to my cart the price is that much more. I've deal with numerous Rogers representatives, but have gotten nowhere. I've been given different answers, none of which help. What should be a simple process has turned into a huge headache.

Telosbudo
I've Been Around

I was a customer in Toronto using Ignite 75 at a excellent price. I moved to Ottawa and was told I was unable to move my account associated with my Ignite 75 package because the previous tenant of my new apartment was a delinquent Roger's customer. I was told that because of this technical issue associated with my new apartment address, I needed to create a new account. Now, the promotion price that matched my previous Ignite 75 package is expiring. When I tried to explain the situation with a Roger's client rep, they told me they could not access my cancelled account and could not offer me anything similar to my previous ignite 75 internet package. I feel like I was taking for ride by Roger's and the Roger's Rep I spoke to was very impatient and rude with me. I have been a loyal customer for many years but now I feel I should move to a competitor given the lack of customer service I've received in resolving my issue and addressing my warranted concerns.