Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSidhu_
I've Been Around

Customer Service

I have been a loyal customer to Rogers for 2 years. I called the customer support for of phone upgrade. That person put me on hold for 30 minutes and never came back. They have the worst customer service. I am so frustrated right now I will be taking down all my family line with Rogers. They are so much expensive than others as well as with poor offers.

*Added Labels*

RogersAndy

Re: Customer Service

Hi @MSidhu_,

Welcome to the community!

It's disheartening to hear you've had a negative experience with customer support. I can wholeheartedly appreciate the frustration of being left on hold for 30 minutes without knowing if they'll return. That's most certainly not the experience we wish to provide. It's important whenever placing a customer on hold that the agent set a time expectation and check back in with you if they are to exceed that. We certainly wouldn't want to see you cancel your services over such an event. 

If you still require assistance I would definitely recommend reaching out to support again at your convenience via RogersHelps on twitter or Facebook. Alternatively you can check in with us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our private messaging system click here.

@RogersAndy

chika1211
I've Been Around

Hi,

So i go in for the promotional offer of $ 45 / month for IGNITE INTERNET 150-UNLIMITED for a year. The Rogers representative tells me this offer will be extended beyond the 1st year for an additional year. At the end of the 1st year my bill jumps from $45 / month to $82/month. When i call up Rogers they says that that current price of the service is $ 99 / month. I mention that that is irrelevant because Rogers representative committed to $45 /month for the 2nd year. Also they suggest i should have got in touch at the end of the 1st year and not later. I ask the agent i am chatting with if that would have resulted in a reduction in the bill and he says no. So essentially we would have had the same conversation, even if i had reached out earlier. He suggests that i downgrade my service to reduce monthly service cost without addressing the commitment issues. Also he wants to know if I want to add another Rogers service which would increase my monthly cost to around $99/month promotional cost for a year without ? Incredible. 

This is my second experience with Rogers and both have extremely disappointing, to put it very mildly. Well, i guess i should never have shifted from my earlier ISP.

Thanks

Sriram

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@chika1211 wrote:

Hi,

So i go in for the promotional offer of $ 45 / month for IGNITE INTERNET 150-UNLIMITED for a year. The Rogers representative tells me this offer will be extended beyond the 1st year for an additional year. At the end of the 1st year my bill jumps from $45 / month to $82/month. When i call up Rogers they says that that current price of the service is $ 99 / month. I mention that that is irrelevant because Rogers representative committed to $45 /month for the 2nd year.

Any phone conversation you have with Rogers is preceded by a message stating the call is recorded for quality control purposes, or something like that. So they ought to have the conversation saved on file and can find it.  But what if  "quality control" means the agent promises something Rogers later does not want to deliver? Does the file get deleted?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are many instances where a CSR may say something that he shouldn't have, or gets overruled later, or meant something different that was interpreted by a customer in a different way, etc.  There is no need to delete a conversation.  Usually Rogers will provide some sort of compensation if the original CSR was wrong or if there was a misunderstanding, etc.

With most "loss leaders" there is a time limit and if an offer goes beyond the typical time limit it's always good to get that in writing.  However, even if it is in writing Rogers can reject that "offer" at the risk of losing a customer...

Souwestnova
I've Been Around

Wheres area you go complain about rogers and them taking advantage of me and phone bill changes ever time talk to someone.  rogers be calling crtc tomorrow have all proof now cause you $$ don't add up

RogersMaude

Good evening @Souwestnova,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I hope you're doing well and staying safe. 

If I understand correctly, you're disputing the charges on your recent bills. Is that right?

We would love the opportunity to go over those with you if you could potentially elaborate on the details of the amounts you disagree with.

If they are related to overage rates, we may have to access your account. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can go through the authentication process and get access to your account. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, check out this blog. We want to help you in reaching a resolution!

As per your original inquiry, if you would like to submit a complaint either via chat, mail, email or by requesting a call back, click here. Hope this helps! 🙂

RogersMaude