Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSidhu_
I've Been Around

Customer Service

I have been a loyal customer to Rogers for 2 years. I called the customer support for of phone upgrade. That person put me on hold for 30 minutes and never came back. They have the worst customer service. I am so frustrated right now I will be taking down all my family line with Rogers. They are so much expensive than others as well as with poor offers.

*Added Labels*

RogersAndy

Re: Customer Service

Hi @MSidhu_,

Welcome to the community!

It's disheartening to hear you've had a negative experience with customer support. I can wholeheartedly appreciate the frustration of being left on hold for 30 minutes without knowing if they'll return. That's most certainly not the experience we wish to provide. It's important whenever placing a customer on hold that the agent set a time expectation and check back in with you if they are to exceed that. We certainly wouldn't want to see you cancel your services over such an event. 

If you still require assistance I would definitely recommend reaching out to support again at your convenience via RogersHelps on twitter or Facebook. Alternatively you can check in with us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our private messaging system click here.

@RogersAndy

chika1211
I've Been Around

Hi,

So i go in for the promotional offer of $ 45 / month for IGNITE INTERNET 150-UNLIMITED for a year. The Rogers representative tells me this offer will be extended beyond the 1st year for an additional year. At the end of the 1st year my bill jumps from $45 / month to $82/month. When i call up Rogers they says that that current price of the service is $ 99 / month. I mention that that is irrelevant because Rogers representative committed to $45 /month for the 2nd year. Also they suggest i should have got in touch at the end of the 1st year and not later. I ask the agent i am chatting with if that would have resulted in a reduction in the bill and he says no. So essentially we would have had the same conversation, even if i had reached out earlier. He suggests that i downgrade my service to reduce monthly service cost without addressing the commitment issues. Also he wants to know if I want to add another Rogers service which would increase my monthly cost to around $99/month promotional cost for a year without ? Incredible. 

This is my second experience with Rogers and both have extremely disappointing, to put it very mildly. Well, i guess i should never have shifted from my earlier ISP.

Thanks

Sriram

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@chika1211 wrote:

Hi,

So i go in for the promotional offer of $ 45 / month for IGNITE INTERNET 150-UNLIMITED for a year. The Rogers representative tells me this offer will be extended beyond the 1st year for an additional year. At the end of the 1st year my bill jumps from $45 / month to $82/month. When i call up Rogers they says that that current price of the service is $ 99 / month. I mention that that is irrelevant because Rogers representative committed to $45 /month for the 2nd year.

Any phone conversation you have with Rogers is preceded by a message stating the call is recorded for quality control purposes, or something like that. So they ought to have the conversation saved on file and can find it.  But what if  "quality control" means the agent promises something Rogers later does not want to deliver? Does the file get deleted?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are many instances where a CSR may say something that he shouldn't have, or gets overruled later, or meant something different that was interpreted by a customer in a different way, etc.  There is no need to delete a conversation.  Usually Rogers will provide some sort of compensation if the original CSR was wrong or if there was a misunderstanding, etc.

With most "loss leaders" there is a time limit and if an offer goes beyond the typical time limit it's always good to get that in writing.  However, even if it is in writing Rogers can reject that "offer" at the risk of losing a customer...

Souwestnova
I've Been Around

Wheres area you go complain about rogers and them taking advantage of me and phone bill changes ever time talk to someone.  rogers be calling crtc tomorrow have all proof now cause you $$ don't add up

RogersMaude

Good evening @Souwestnova,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I hope you're doing well and staying safe. 

If I understand correctly, you're disputing the charges on your recent bills. Is that right?

We would love the opportunity to go over those with you if you could potentially elaborate on the details of the amounts you disagree with.

If they are related to overage rates, we may have to access your account. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can go through the authentication process and get access to your account. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, check out this blog. We want to help you in reaching a resolution!

As per your original inquiry, if you would like to submit a complaint either via chat, mail, email or by requesting a call back, click here. Hope this helps! 🙂

RogersMaude

sinnix1
I've Been Around

I called Rogers yesterday to see about an update. The person I spoke with was.... Something else.

I told the agent that I had ordered on Jan. 27 and offered the order number. She declined and didn't bother to look up my order. She simply looked at their inventory and told me it would be 4 weeks. I said that I had already waited almost 6 weeks, to which she replied that it was only a few days. She argued with me about how long it had been until I got her to understand I ordered on January 27, not Feb 27 as she though. Because, you know, why look up my order?

She then reiterated a 4 week wait. I asked her to verify that, as I already waited almost 6, and the Apple website says 3-5 days. Her response was I had to wait another 4 weeks, and that's that.

So at that point, I cancelled the order. This is aborhhent customer service. I will be moving my cell plans as soon as I have an opportunity, hopefully this coming week. I understand delays, however I dont appreciate the treatment I received.

Thanks for listening!!!

RogersTony

Hello, @sinnix1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

It's really disappointing to hear about the poor customer service experience that you received when inquiring about the device you ordered. We'd hate to see you cancel your services over this and would like to try to make this situation better for you. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can try to make this right.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Suchascrub
I've Been Around

Hello, just to preface this id just like to state that I currently work for Shaw as a CSR so I don't necessarily blame any of the people I spoke to for this mess but regardless here I go

So I spoke to a lady from the ignite team a week ago about upgrading my internet and she did it and even added a nice Lil coupon for 50% off for a year, afterwards I asked her about adding a phone to my plan and we went ahead and she eventually concluded on offering 10gbs of data + iPhone 12 128gig on upfront edge for around 80 or so dollars a month, Amazed at the price I took it and went ahead, she told me all was well and I went to bed that night

2 DAYS LATER
I check my email and there isn't a tracking number for my phone, I thought this was peculiar so I called again and the dude told me it got put on hold due to a coupon she used being unavailable (Coupon was to waive my activation fee). I thought nothing of it and agreed to proceed without the coupon, he later contacted her and she assured me that she would manually credit it back to my account, either way, we do the order again with the same terms and proceed, and i sleep mildly annoyed but satisfied that the situation was over with

2 MORE DAYS PASS (Today)

Now I call in again because I STILL don't have a tracking number in my email, I'm then informed that it didn't go through this time because of my credit check showing that I needed to pay a deposit (mind you NOBODY had told me about this last time) either way after spending 2 hours on the phone I say screw it ill pay the deposit just go ahead, I asked what's the fastest way I could get the phone since I wanted it ASAP when I originally ordered it, and the lady told me to go to the store and she provided me with an account number. 

I said screw it and decided to go to the store and when I arrive the dude at the store takes my account number and just says, I cant honour this deal that they agreed upon since I don't have the systems to do so...... now I'm amazed at the incompetency of the last lady I spoke to, but to send me ALL the way to the store just for them to be like "NAH BRO I CANT"..... like how incompetent must you be to send me on a whole wild goose chase.

Regardless I still wasn't THAT mad yet, I was definitely annoyed but I'm relatively patient and I call back in again once I get home, now this time I get transferred between departments at least 5 times until EVENTUALLY I get sent to loyalty and they tell me "we cant honour this agreement even though there are NUMEROUS notes documenting it" now I'm gobsmacked because not only did they send me on a whole goose chase but now you're going back on an agreement that YOU GUYS HAVE DOCUMENTATION OF??!?!?!?!

Anyway, she offered me Half the data and the same phone for 10 more dollars or so and I was too annoyed  to proceed because there's no way I'm in the wrong here and I'm not gonna take a deal that's so mediocre after the support team turned my week into the biggest mess of my year.

TLDR: Agent offered me a specific deal and then I got sent from department to department until someone sent me to an actual store then got denied regarding the initial agreement and was offered half now I'm contemplating how to proceed.  would like to add that I spent nearly 7 hours in the last 5 days speaking to rogers support employees and I have managed to memorize all the songs they play on hold now.