Customer Service Issue With Price Plan Change

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Customer Service Issue With Price Plan Change

I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED by Rogers customer service. I called Rogers a few times a week ago looking for a new phone plan with data. The agents all offered me the same phone plan which was not available online. I told the agents that I would think about it as I’m a person who doesn’t like making rush decisions and would like to shop around. Today, I called rogers again for that plan and the agent tells me that I am not qualified for that plan as I wasn’t tagged to it. She goes on to explain that the previous agents made a mistake to offer me the plan and even if I had accepted the offer then, they wouldn’t be able to process it anyway. Are you kidding? It’s not only one but ALL AGENTS made the SAME MISTAKE to offer me the plan. She couldn’t give me a clear explanation on why I am not qualified to the plan. I asked to talk to her manager Louis. Her manager told me that I DECLINED the offer so I am no longer qualified for the plan. “WOW thanks Rogers!!”. Apparently, they define not accepting an offer right away and requesting some time to make a decision as declining an offer. Worse throughout the call she was blaming me and saying it’s my fault. She told me plan changes almost hourly (a suspected lie) and this plan is no longer available. But from the call, it seems like it’s still available but just not to me….very interesting!. And what about all the “explanations” I got before regarding the agents making mistakes. I have been with rogers for MORE THAN 8 YEARS and this is how they treat me. I was not asking FOR something EXTRAORDINARY but something they ALREADY told me they could offer. Again, how and why is this my fault now? At the end, the lady was very EAGER and PLEASED to help me cancel my account. Yes I’m going to cancel my account but I will keep my number. After all of these, I just think that I deserve better. BRAVO ROGERS.

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Customer Service Issue With Price Plan Change

Greetings @celialiang,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post. 🙂

We are definitely saddened to hear about your recent experience when trying to get your wireless price plan changed. I can understand why it would leave a bad taste in your mouth. This isn't the type of experience we want you to have with us. 

It is understandable that mistakes do happen as we are only human, but it still doesn't make the situation any less painful. I do agree that our price plans and promotions are ever-changing so it is always recommended to try and accept an offer as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment.

If you are able, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we may have a closer look. Perhaps there is another option we can find for you that is suitable for your needs. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Around

At the beginning of March I saw a promotion on the Rogers site for 20 GB for $75. I was paying $75 for 10 GB and was a customer for over 5 years. I called and was told I could have the upgrade .... no other costs were discussed .... right away my balance became due .... I phoned back and said I would like to go back to my old plan if this was the case .... they said wait a few days and it will go back .... it did not .... I called again and was told they would take care of it just wait a few days and it will show up on my account .... it did not ..... today they have no record of this ( I was told previously it was being recorded in my notes) and that they would be happy to put me back on my plan for $30 more than what I was paying or I could talk to customer service about leaving Rogers ...... I have continued to pay my monthly bill on time just not the extra charges I was billed .....I will be leaving but my take away is to always record your conversations with Rogers as you it will always just be your word against theirs ..... buyer beware

Highlighted

Hey @Debbie551

I hope you're staying safe and sound! Congratulations on your first post with us and we're elated to have you join our Rogers Community Forums! Thank you for your continued loyalty and tenure with us! 😊

Who doesn't appreciate a great promotion? Sounds like there was a mishap regarding your recent price plan change. That's most definitely not the type of experience we want you to be having and we'd love to have a gander at this for you! With that said, if you are able to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps that would be much appreciated! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE

Thank you! 

RogersJo 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've lost all trust with Customer Support

Since renewing our phone plan in February 2020, we have had to speak with five (5) customer care consultants and four (4) managers. As of yesterday, we still have no confidence that we are getting the phone plan we requested back in February AND we are being charged $2400 in international texting charges! Those international texting charges would not be there if we had received the contract I requested in February. This issue has now progressed to the extent that I have to defend myself against call logs that are from May, which I have not been able to listen to; and in order to listen to those call logs, I have to pay a fee and wait for up to 30 days. I am SO frustrated because if Rogers would have given us the contract I asked for in February this confrontation would not have escalated to this level of complication!!! Why aren't they going back to the call logs from February rather than putting me on the "stand"?
When I talked with Rogers about removing these charges they told me that they were unable to, even though they are a multi-billion dollar company. This is very frustrating as we would not have been texting internationally if I had fully understood that international texting had been removed from our plan! Rogers has really dropped the ball with their loyalty to us and they are not supporting us as the customer.

Highlighted

Good evening @WAYpastAngry,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Based on what you've described I can tell how frustrating this experience must've been for you. We strive to provide a good customer service experience, of course there can be exceptions. 

I notice you mentioned you've spoken to more than one managers, did they advise you of the next steps? Have they set up a call back with you?

Just to let you know, it can take some time for a call to be retrieved and reviewed. I'm sure your point of contact would have advised you of so.  

I hope your billing concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.

RogersZia