Customer Incentives

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Like it Here

Customer Incentives

How about creating an incentive program for existing customers. It appears all "offers" and "deals" are for new clients. After being a continuous customer for almost 25 years I think I should be rewarded for my loyalty and choice to remain with Rogers for so long. I've been a customer for almost a quarter century and feel I should be entitled to a little thanks. Ten percent off the total bill for clients with unbroken service for 10 years, twenty percent off for those with 20 years and so on. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

***Added Labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Customer Incentives

If you can get to the retention department they will usually take pretty good care of you.   I recently had my 3 year Ignite bundle come to an end and I lost a total discount of $90.  Called in and got transferred to retention and got the discount back and then some.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, almost anyone who is willing to commit to another 1-2 years is able to obtain significant discounts on their bundles, depending on the overall value of the package and perhaps how long you've been with Rogers...

You have to escalate beyond the first line CSRs as they don't have the authority.  Simply ask for "retentions" or "second level rep" to discuss a new "contract".  There isn't actually a written contract and if you cancel before the end of the term some of the discount may need to be repaid, depending...

I always set myself a reminder and call in again a month before the term is up.

I'm a Senior Advisor

My recent experience of our contract ending in October on one of the really old grandfathered plans of VIP plan, I was not required to do a contract, but there was a bit of a catch.

Like the new customers, I got a very generous package discount (4 services - note better choice bundles is now 8% not 12% as cable is not considered as an eligible service in the count of 4 services in place).

My old plan was jumping over 30%, so while we were talking, since the VIP plans are gone, I downgraded what I received and did a theme package, but here is the catch - the agreement is you I can cancel any time with 30 days notice, just like the new customers, with discount only for the first 12 months, then it increases after 12 months to 24 months.

I don't know how flexible they will be a year from now when I call in because of the front end discount, but I have already said, that I will be moving on as I just negotiated lower level of services.

How you do it the easy way, is you just call in and choose cancellations, say what you are willing to pay.  Where you will get the best value for price, is know exactly what channels you want and look at the best mix of which channel mix, bundle mix and add-ons you desire.

I ended up with a good price, but was told that at this time, Rogers is doing it this way, not by a contract. 

The competitor is making their contract tied to one service, and a front discount for year, and discount on install, and no contract the install is higher, or if you cancel, you basically pay back the discount on the install.

So always call in, as a customer with 20 years, you have room to negotiate, just be very clear what you are willing to pay and want to consume, and hold your ground.  Determine what they are willing to offer, then get a quote and think it over for a few days and call back.  I started as soon as my bill said the 60 day notice they have to provide of the increase.

Also if you have current discounts or credits that you are receiving, determine what they will be on the new plan, which will be removed, and any time limits that apply on any discounting (for example if your terminal fee is waived, BCB discount, etc).

So, yes, it would be nice if they just told us up front what is available, but to easily get to retentions, just click cancellations and explain, you want to discuss what you can get to keep you with Rogers.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From someone above... that you have to escalate beyond the first level.. thats not always true.  May depend on who you get.

I have had them able to be able to do it with the first level people before.

Also talking to the people on facebook and twitter, they also have the ability to access most of the 'other' non posted deals.

(Last few times have done it via facebook myself.  I have net, tv, phone, 1 cell and smarthome, and have been able to negotiate about $100 discount / month).

Retentions is always an option.. but generally its the LAST option.  While sometimes can be a bigger discount... they probably wont do it too many times..

I'm a Senior Advisor

In my last expreience, I got a person with title of customer service concierge (not the move people), but dedicated to end to end completion of determining and meeting my needs at a price we could both work with.

Her advice to me with so many years was to always to to their department, which changes names often and easiest way is through stating you are considering cancellation, which is really for me why I am there these days - I am not there to negotiate deals, my income keeps following due to life circumstances that we all can experience in life (illness, lost job, investments fall out, etc, health issues - yes we live in Canada, but full treatment of major illness is far from free, I can assure you, and you have to make choices - food, health, home, transportation, family, clothing, etc, versus what telecom companies may view that we "need" in our lives).

Her advise for me in my financial and life position, was that I could use the front level for discussion, but at the end of process, go to her department and see what can be done.

But use whatever forum you are comfortable, but remember, that what you see in the news and websites, is mostly directed at new customers, not at those with very long term loyalty.

Bruce

I'm a Frequent Visitor

You're lucky : I called to cancel my Internet after 8+ years of satisfied Rogers Internet services, but they weren't able to match the previous deal I had or what 3rd party had ... first retention agent hung up on me when I politely refused the "deal" ($20 monthly more expensive than 3rd party provider), second proposed me the same deal, but that's the best he could do, then moved forward to cancellation ...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers Promotions - ?

Whenever I look at the Rogers promotions, it seems that they exclude existing customers. 

There is a Rogers Internet package at $59.99 for unlimited data and 60Mbps download (D/L) and 10 Mbps upload (U/L).  It used to be $95.99 per month. It sounds like a good deal.

Are there any internet promotions for existing customers? 

Offer available for a limited time to new Rogers Internet subscribers within Rogers cable service area in Ontario (where technology permits). Subject to change without notice. Data usage subject to Rogers Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. See rogers.com/terms for full details.

* Taxes extra. One-time activation fee of $14.95 and one-time installation fee (waived for Self-Install; Basic $49.99 or Professional $99.99) apply.

**Savings as compared to regular price for 12 months. Advertised regular price applies in month 13, subject to any applicable rate increases.

1. Speeds may vary with internet traffic, server gateway/router, computer (quality, location in the home, software and applications installed), home wiring, home network or other factors. See Acceptable Use Policy at rogers.com/terms.

2. Offer available until March 29, 2018 within Rogers cable service area (where technology permits) to new customers subscribing to Ignite Internet 60u or above. One time $50 bill credit will be applied to customer’s first or second invoice after activation.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I won't go into the details of the offer I received for the balance of my current plan when I phone in to customer relations - cancellations through phone list via change services on home services.

I was looking at that plan in particular, was looked at but they had some changes they could do which would be a better deal given my mix in my cable and internet.  He sliced and diced all the offers, current to existing customers.  These are not on the web site or advertising, but he also did look at setting up similiar priced plans, just laid out somewhat differently, actually better suit for my needs.

So yes from my recent experience, there are deals for existing customers - you have to call in, and I have even had chat work towards a deal, but I prefer phone calls at the end of the day - old school and I understand and document well better - yes, sometimes errors in interpretation occur, but I don't mind being strong and assertive and polite on my follow-up of what I believe I was told and generally, I have faired wel.

So, yes the offers are there, but you will have to work through one of the social media contact methods, chat, communityhelps, or in my case on the recommendation of one of the customer relations staff a year ago or so, I always go to home services, change services, cancellations, and we work through what we can do.

Hey, since we can log into our myRogers, suggestion to Rogers (no I am not going to suggestion page) - why not putting on basic offers to existing customers, same page as new customers see, but inside the securityof my Rogers account and forumulated as a discussion point for us to think about our needs and then contact and work out the best mix for our services, or even order on-line and someone calls us back and confirms that it is best deal for us (not marketing or upselling - I am saying just confirm that is what we thought we were getting, and finalizing the orders.

Avoids the hours of chats, social media or call in's just to find out what is there for us and often hearing over and over again different stories, just saying that is my experience, then finally in my case, I hit cancellations and finalize, or just get an offer to think about.

I see no reason why they can't put these offers for existing customers inside the secure MyRogers - they did for a month or so a few months back put out offers for both new and existing customers.

Bruce

Bruce

Bruce

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@BSwrote:

Avoids the hours of chats, social media or call in's just to find out what is there for us and often hearing over and over again different stories, just saying that is my experience, then finally in my case, I hit cancellations and finalize, or just get an offer to think about.

Bruce

Tried to find the "loyalty" or "customer relations" group by phone.  I ended up on hold of course, but at the end of my button pushing choices I had iPad or Tablet.  It wasn't where I wanted to be at all.  I think others may be looking for this magic person who can actually "help".   How do you get to someone who can discuss your bill and the various home phone, internet, TV and wireless plans and incentives???