Credit Limit Monitored Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Credit Limit Monitored Account

So, I log into My Rogers today and find this wonderful notification popup.

Please be advised that your account is a Credit Limit Monitored account.  Please note that pre-ordering a device will add up to $40 charge to your account.  In order to avoid service interruption, please ensure you have sufficient balance in your account before making a pre-order. 

Is this Rogers' sloppy way of implementing the wireless code limit or has something actually happened to my account? I've never been late with a bill so this is a bit concerning if they slap a limit on my account just for the heck of it.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Credit Limit Monitored Account

Hello moxy

The credit limit is added if u have missed payments / bad credit history with Rogers or bad credit in general. U can speak to a Rogers retentions rep or manager and see if they can remove it and explain more.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would give a call in.

There was at least one other user who was getting the same thing, but it was just a bug, they called in and talked to repeated people there was no restriction.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Sometimes it is a bug but depending on each account. Not all accounts are the same. The OP could have the same issue or the credit limit is valid.  Either way 

Like me and u said tho, best to call in and have them look at it. Each account is different.

I'm an Advisor

moxy:

Did you in fact ask to reserve a phone? I got the same message a few weeks ago and was also concerned about the reference to credit. I have never reserved a phone, so had no idea why the message suddently showed up. I called Rogers a few weeks ago and the rep told me that I do not have a credit limit on my account and that she couldn't find anything on my account that said I've reserved a phone. Several weeks later, it's all still there when I sign in to My Rogers and I get the pop up every day. There's also a red graphic at the bottom of my wirelss account info with a link to the reservation. The strange thing is it claims I have asked to reserve a BlackBerry Z30. There's no chance I would ever reserve a BlackBerry. Been there, done that. Guess it's time for me to call Rogers again and escalate this issue if someone can't figure it out.

I Plan to Stick Around

No, I haven't reserved a phone.  I also checked my account again and I don't see anything claiming that I have a device on hold.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello moxy

Try calling in and speaking to a Rogers retentions or manager see if if they can remove it and explain why its there.
I've Been Around

I have the same problem. I just spent one hour on the telephone and was transferred to 4 departments - none of who could tell me anything. I spoke with Customer Service, Credit Dept., Technical, and lastly the Wireless.  Nothing shows on their end to explain why I would receive a Credit Limit message.  I also am getting a pop up box stating I have a pending order, which also does not show anywhere on any of their sysstems.  Finally, the Wireless Dept. entered a request to investigate and told me it would take several weeks!  Don't they have an IT department for God's sake, that could remedy this.  Obviously its a glitch.  And I don't want to spend another hour every time I call to be told I have to be transferred again.  Smarten up Rogers, there are plenty of other companies to go with for services.  You want everyone to have an online account to save YOU money, so you better be able to manage it and provide better service than what seems to be occuring with everyone who has tried to get you to investigate this annoying problem!. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello abyssinian

Agreed 100%. They really need to get their online tech department to fix this glitch. I know for sure there are more people complaining about this so why not fix it? I know each account is different but if the glitch is the same, they really should fix it
I'm an Advisor

abyssinian:

Not to make light of it, but welcome to the club. Smiley Frustrated

This started happening to me in early December, 2013. I've been on the phone with Rogers a few times. The last rep I spoke with on January 7, 2014 said she will create a ticket and pass it on. That was 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed. I'm amazed that no one at Rogers knows how to fix this. I'm a long time IT guy and, if I was the manager of a group responsible for fixing this, someone would have been up on the "carpet" long ago for letting this go on.