Converting from micro-sim to nano

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Converting from micro-sim to nano

Hi,

I'm considering getting a dual-sim Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from overseas because Rogers doesn't carry the 64GB Note 5.  My current phone is an Xperia Z1 which uses a micro-sim.  The dual-sim slots in the Note 5 are apparently nano-sims.  So would I be able to have my micro-sim converted to a nano-sim if I go to a Rogers store?

***Edit Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Converting from micro-sim to nano

Hello @Gummyrabbit

You would have to pay $9.99 + tax to get a new sim card. Once you get it, have the Rogers rep at the store activate it on your account at no cost!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gummyrabbit

You would have to pay $9.99 + tax to get a new sim card. Once you get it, have the Rogers rep at the store activate it on your account at no cost!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hey @Gummyrabbit ... as @Meowmix said, Simple as that.

If by conversion you mean "Cut" the card to that size? - There is more risk of doing so than not.
Just get a new Sim card at a rogers store and you might as well get it as SureTap Sim to utilize NFC functionality while you're at it.

Cheers.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Unfortunately Rogers Suretap does not work on unlocked devices. So they won't be able to use that. They could use NFC beaming or other ways for NFC without a sim but not paying for products with Suretap.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi @Meowmix
Fortunately, it does 😉

Suretap sim card may not allow unlocked devices to work with SureTap app. But I use TD Mobile app (to use my Visa) on an unlocked S3 device from USA...

I assume you are speaking of the SureTap App?
Hmm, now this concerns me, I haven't used my S3 for a while (its for travelling outside of Canada only). Maybe it worked before and not anymore?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yes I was speaking about the Suretap application. It won't wor on any unlocked phone if u try to use it. I gotten emails from Rogers, Suretap team and reps explaining it. 

If u have a NFC sim and u try to use it with a third party app then yes it would work but not on the Suretap app.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Yea, I just use the NFC sim proper name tagged to it.
Which is called SureTap Sim card. (It's just an NFC Sim card).
SureTap App not working, I can believe (Though didn't try it).
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks!

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Welcome~!

@Gummyrabbit - If you get a chance, Select "Accept as Solution" for @Meowmix as he has resolved your inquiry and concerns!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gummyrabbit

You are very welcome!! 🙂