Consumer Loyalty Discount

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Consumer Loyalty Discount

Loyalty programs for long-term clients

i've been with Rogers for about 25years or so and due to a job loss i'm requiring a new cell phone and i would like to see if there is anyway i can shave down my bill a bit , we haven't ever taken any advantage of any "loyalty" or retention plans like i've heard others asking for and getting.

whenever i enquire about a plan i'm always told its for new clients , it never seems that i can get anything for being a long term client.

if you talk to someone in the store they claim they can't do anything for me , and online when i call they say what i'm enquiring about is only for new subs.

is there any Rogers people on here that might help?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gordow

The store reps are correct. They are not allowed to give discounts or " loyalty" plans / programs. Their systems are not set up / allowed for this. So unfortunately they won't be able to. Same with Live chat at most part.

Rogers however has a department called the " loyalty" and " retentions" department which are both the same and they are the ones that can help you out. When calling in, ask for those departments and they can further assist you with it.

If you would like to talk to our amazing social media team, you can mesaage then via @CommunityHelps and they will respond back to you as soon as possible! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the response , i will contact them
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gordow

Glad to hear. Let us know the outcome!

Take care! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

How long does it take for them to get back to you online? I had sent one message two days ago to one of the moderators and still haven't heard anything back. I was hoping to go into a store today to get a phone , but i hate dealing with the stores and hoped to have something set up before i go.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gordow

It may take a little while. Remember they are a small team so some may have days off and the others working are also backed up with many other messages. I will tag them below and see what they can do!

@RogersMoin @RogersCorey @RogersZia Can one of you help out this customer for us! Thank you Smiley Happy

Hello, @gordow

I appreciate your loyalty of 25 years, thank you for your continuous business. I see you have sent a PM to CommunityHelps, we will be in touch with you shortly. Please note when you send a PM to a moderator we may not be able to respond back in timely fashion due to other core duties, schedules etc. However, we always monitor the CommunityHelps messages and respond as soon as we can. Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

PS: @Meowmix - thank you very much for your help in the CommunitySmiley Happy

I'm a Senior Advisor

@gordow wrote:

Loyalty programs for long-term clients

i've been with Rogers for about 25years or so and due to a job loss i'm requiring a new cell phone and i would like to see if there is anyway i can shave down my bill a bit , we haven't ever taken any advantage of any "loyalty" or retention plans like i've heard others asking for and getting.

whenever i enquire about a plan i'm always told its for new clients , it never seems that i can get anything for being a long term client.

I hope retentions can do something for you, but as I understand it, that's a last ditch concession to keep a customer who would otherwise leave. I can't see Rogers just giving you a screaming deal out of compassion.

If you need a new cell phone to look for a new job, the cheapest plan is to go pre-paid. But there are cheaper pre-paid phones and plans than Rogers, 7-11 Speakout, for example. That would mean leaving Rogers and would be a good bargaining chip for retention. Good luck.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not looking for a screaming deal out of compassion , i'm just looking to see if i can do better than what we've got without having to chop things down. My daughter for instance just had a problem with her Nextbox and upon calling in , ended up getting (without asking) better internet that they had , a new box with the rental waived and a new modem. Dropping her bill from above 200.00 to below. All that for just enquiring about what to do about her busted box.
Now like i said , i've been with them 25+yrs , she's been with them about 5yrs. So i'm not asking for the world here with my story, just hoping for a little relief.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its always a good thing to ask.

At the stores, they are limited.  They pretty much, can only do what the current stuff is, what it shows on the screen.

My wife for example.. her contract was up on her cell.  Wanted a newer one.. but her old plan wasnt considered 'premium' plan anymore.. so would have to to a $30 more a month plan, for the same stuff Smiley Sad

I gave a shout to the FB/Twitter team.
They were able to take a look and found a loyalty plan, which was considered a premium plan, which was only $10 more, but also had an extra gig of data.