Consumer Loyalty Discount

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Consumer Loyalty Discount

Was over at DSLReports reading what people over there have to say about Ignite and came across this

The OP was looking for advice as his current 'deal" with Rogers was coming to an end. "Based on the fact that you had been a long time internet customer and also have wireless services you automatically qualify for 20% consumer loyalty discount and may even qualify for 30% discount."

Is this a normal Rogers's practice? I've spoken to 3 different reps at Rogers over the last 48 hours and was offerred NOTHING.(That's not quite true they offered a cash discount because I'd been with Rogers 21 years and then withdrew the offer a couple of hous later.)

Just curious as to your experience.

Edited to add: I'm currently subscribed to Cable, Home Phone, Internet & Wireless.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Consumer Loyalty Discount

We have been receiving retention discounts for a number of years now - usually around 30% with free modem and free PVR box. The deals have been on Internet, Cable, and Home Phone. We do not subscribe to Rogers Wireless. I have also heard that if you are not successful over the phone with one of the reps there that you just might get a better deal through the reps on Facebook and Twitter. It is always worth a try!

Retention discounts are very account specific. They are based on the number of services you have, monthly bill amount and how long you have been a customer. Through my 11 years I received several retention discounts ranging from 20% to 70% off.

Consumer relations also always have a number of non advertised promotional plans and bundles which only them can offer.
I'm an Advisor

@mrbrimi wrote:

Was over at DSLReports reading what people over there have to say about Ignite and came across this

The OP was looking for advice as his current 'deal" with Rogers was coming to an end. "Based on the fact that you had been a long time internet customer and also have wireless services you automatically qualify for 20% consumer loyalty discount and may even qualify for 30% discount."

Is this a normal Rogers's practice? I've spoken to 3 different reps at Rogers over the last 48 hours and was offerred NOTHING.(That's not quite true they offered a cash discount because I'd been with Rogers 21 years and then withdrew the offer a couple of hous later.)

Just curious as to your experience.

Edited to add: I'm currently subscribed to Cable, Home Phone, Internet & Wireless.

Were you speaking to the 'customer relations', i.e. retentions department?

You can reach them by picking the 'to cancel a service' option in the 1-888-ROGERS1 menu system.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats one think you have to look at... loyalty discounts, etc.. and other promotions, may not overlap.

If someone gets a discount even right now on their CURRENT plans, etc... the current bundles, etc are not compatable, and switching to them will overwrite other discounts.

You really need to figure which one will be the bigger deal.

I Plan to Stick Around

No haven't spoken to anyone in retentions. I've communicated with two Live Chat reps plus complained to "Rogers Share A Concern".

Best advice I've received from the three was to stay with my current plan as I had too much to lose going to a new one.

Currently am playing telephone tag with "The Office of the President."

If I'm going to call to cancel it will be because I've arranged new service providers not to grovel for a better deal.

I'm an Advisor

@mrbrimi wrote:

No haven't spoken to anyone in retentions. I've communicated with two Live Chat reps plus complained to "Rogers Share A Concern".

Best advice I've received from the three was to stay with my current plan as I had too much to lose going to a new one.

Currently am playing telephone tag with "The Office of the President."

If I'm going to call to cancel it will be because I've arranged new service providers not to grovel for a better deal.

Then, quite frankly, you're talking to the wrong people. The ordinary reps do not have the authority to cut deals to keep you from cancelling.

Vivien is right. Only consumer relations department has authority to provide personalized deals. You can reach them by selecting "cancel a service" option.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the advice. It is a sad commentary on the Rogers business model that one must cancel a service in order to get a fair price.

I'm an Advisor

@mrbrimi wrote:

Thanks for the advice. It is a sad commentary on the Rogers business model that one must cancel a service in order to get a fair price.

You don't have to actually cancel - just push the 'cancel' button, get to customer relations, and have a friendly conversation with them.

e.g. "I just received a flyer from competitor X who is offering ________ for $____/month. I'd like to stay with Rogers, but I'm currently paying $20/month more for the same service than with X..."