Connection Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connection Fee

Hello and welcome to the Community @itsvatsa,

As a consumer myself, I do not like seeing unexpected charges on any of my invoices either. The connection fee is charged to activate your device on the Rogers network. It applies to each new hardware that is purchased. All new customers and existing customers who add a new number or upgrade an existing number on their account are charged the connection fee. We do however have an online exclusive offer of no connection fee if the hardware upgrade is completed on rogers.com.

Hope this helps Robot Happy!

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I had a number with Rogers which was changed to prepaid as the Rogers service center person urged me to do it. So I did it and than now when I want to have the same plan and an add on under postpaid account I have to pay connection fees again. I don't understand why I have to pay it again. This is absurd. Online activations should be free if not that atleast for customers who were Rogers customers , moved to prepaid and want to get back to postpaid. Thanks
I've Been Around

I have been with Rogers for around a decade. My account has two lines and recently I upgraded a phone on one line and renewed the contract during Christmas time. I am now being charged $35 for activation fee for an account which was already active. I called the customer service and requested them to waive the fee considering that I am a loyal Rogers customer for around 10 years. But to my surprise they would not honor it and even the customer retention wouldn't do it. While talking to one of the agent from customer relations/retention, I also told him that there was a promo during Christmas about no activation fee but he was saying that it was only during Balck friday and not Christmas/Boxing day which is not true. I figured that either the agent didn't know or didn't want to provide me the correct information.
I find it idiotic of a company to not be able to wave $35 connection fee even after a decade of using it's services. This is simply ridiculous and another way to rip off the old customers. I have seen my friends and family getting better services/offers at other providers and of course connection fee being waived. Looks like old customers are of no value to Rogers anymore and they want to attract the new customers. When a loyal customer port out, they chase them via Winback deal which according to me should be done in the first place and not after they being disappointed by how Rogers value them.
Maybe it's time to switch to a more friendly company who really values old customers.