Connection Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Connection Fee

I've been a Rogers customer for approximately 10 years. Currently, I just renewed my plan and got a new phone. I called to ask to get a 20$ connection fee waved and they seem to not be able to offer that. I find it idiotic of a company to not be able to wave 20$ connection fee even after a decade of using it's services. I already contacted support, so don't tell me to do so. I have heard from friends and family about other companies such as Bell and Telus being able to offer better services and of course, wave a connection fee. Maybe it's time to switch to a more friendly company. 

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Connection Fee

Hi @chidoan58,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I understand the frustration we can definitely look into your concerns, I will have someone from @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

I just signed up for 2 lines. 

I just got my first bill. And there are two separate $20 charges there. Absolutely not aware why this was charged?

When I signed up, there was no mention by the agent that there would be any additional charges. In fact I spent money to move my accounts into Rogers.

Please advise.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @techsmart55

When you signed the contact in the store or if u received the contract via email or email. It shows that all Lines that get activated or upgraded will be charged a $20 connection fee. If the agent failed to explain that, then it still on the actual contract.

" Why was I charged a connection fee?

New or existing Rogers customers activating or upgrading any wireless service with Rogers will be charged a Connection Fee to activate their service on the Rogers Network. The Connection Fee will be charged to the customer's invoice at time of activation or upgrade"

I've Been Here Awhile

Again in my case she did not mention anything while signing up. And we discussed several things over several phone calls.

If they send something after activation on the email that is too late - because the decision to port in numbers and sign up happens before.

This is a miscommitment and very frustrating.

Basically it sounds like they could have a $500 activation charge or any other number and not inform you - and only include it as a line item in the contract after the fact.

I need this addressed.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @techsmart55

Well it's a verbal agreement so if u agreed to the terms ( even if the rep failed to say it) it still works as u agreed. In the contract email u should have received the day of doing this, it should have showed u all the charges. All contracts given by hand / email or mail show all charges.

In your other carriers, the same thing as applied. All carriers charge a connection fee unless it's waived for whatever reason that may be.

The only way to get this fixed is to contact Rogers and speak to them. They might be able to waive the fee or do something for u. Unfortunately this is a user to user base forum.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes this is why I am posting here

It is unjustified. The agreement is based on what we discussed. Cannot have something else in the contract after the fact.

What you pay needs to be clear up front on the call. And everything else on the bill is clear.

But this was not mentioned. It would have informed my decision as I have two lines and require two more.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @techsmart55

If the rep accidentally forgot to let u know the connection fee then I understand , its also the customer which should know carriers charge that as its very visible on the contract they sign or accept at the time of agreement. When u received the contract via email or mail, again it shows u that on there. All carriers charge this unless it's a waived fee. In ur old carrier they did the same unless they waived it for u.

Anyways best thing to do is contact Rogers by calling them and see what they can do. Unfortunately nothing can happen on here other then users letting u know to call in.
I've Been Here Awhile

No I don't agree with you - you seem to be repeating the same thing.

All I am saying is in my case there were several calls and repeated confirmations of what was going to be charged.

It wasn't a matter of inadvertently forgetting.

I am also saying that if there is a charge like this then it should be noted as part of the discussion on the call. Not on a separate email AFTER THE FACT.

For example I was advised about 911 fees, taxes etc and other disxounts.

No mention of any activation fees.

So just like the above charges were part of the agreement, but were discussed and reconfirmed (several times several calls) any additional charges should also have been addressed.

And no the onus is not on the customer - it is on rogers.

And I will be looking to get this addressed.

And it's important for the forum so that other users are aware and can share their experiences.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @techsmart55

Thank you for letting us know your experience. Hopefully they can address it for u and help you out 🙂