Connection Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Connection Fee

And just to correct your wrong information, tules charge 10$ for sim card, and Rogers charged me 11.5 for SIM card 4 days ago! So are you gonna blame this on the agent again and refuse to take responsibility for your wrong information!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mohdm

As you can see above, Bell, Telus, Virgin, Rogers and Fido charge you a connection fee.

If you have a problem with that you can communicate to the CRTC and file a complaint with them explaining how unhappy you are that the major carriers in Canada are charging a connection fee. There is no rule that they aren't allowed to charge a customer this when joining their company or signing up.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mohdm

Once again please do your research. Everything I have posted are from their own websites. So my information is based correctly from the carriers.

" Telus is increasing the price of its SIM cards from $15 CAD to $20 on October 17th, according to an internal document obtained by MobileSyrup.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Telus to increase SIM card price from $15 to $20 on October 17 [Update"

This is also listed on the Telus website when buying a sim card. It's $20 for a sim card from Telus.

You might have been lucky and got the sim card half price.

Also Rogers sells sim cards for $9.99 Plus tax however if you need to swap a sim card due to faulty issues, they won't charge you. That's what most stores do.

" While Telus now charges $20 for its SIM cards, the carrier’s pricing is still less than the cost of a smartphone activation at Bell, which charges a $25 connection fee, and Rogers, which charges a $25 connection fee and $10 for the SIM card. On the other hand, Telus’ sub brand, Koodo, currently sells its SIM cards for $10 with no connection fee".
I'm Here A Lot

So just to be clear, CRTC forced rogers to charge connection fee? And you stated before that Rogers doesn’t charge for SIM card but know you simply corrected your fault statement you made 5 minuets ago saying it’s for free!
U know what, I just hope Rogers will pay more attention choosing who should speak to clients on their behalf.
I’m done here, thanks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mohdm

The CRTC can force carriers to change their pricing and services however each carrier can charge a certain amount for a service. The CRTC has NOT told any carrier that they can not charge a " connection fee".

Maybe you are not reading properly however I SAID " they charge u $9.99 Plus taxes however of you are HAVING FAULTY ISSUES with your current sim they will exchange it for free of charge " please read before coming here to start a argument for no reason. Rogers at times during deals or sales will waive the sim card fee but still charge u the connection fee. Anytime I upgrade with them i only paid the connection fee. Never the sim card fee. The sim card fee is ONLY if you are buying the sim card. Just like u would with any company.

Maybe Rogers should. Maybe all carriers should as no company is perfect and all carriers and companies have issues like this.

Again if you want you can contact the CRTC and explain how upset you over the connection fee. If you want something to happen, go that route.

Have a great night and happy family day. 🙂
I'm Here A Lot

A TELUS store we spoke with on the phone confirmed prices are indeed moving up to $20. Rogers and Bell charge $10 for SIM cards, but they also charge activation fees ($20 and $15 respectively) whereas TELUS does not.Feb 17
You should do your research because that’s your job and instead of sourcing your information from third party website like mobilesyrup.com! Really?! you should use appropriate communication channels like tules.ca or call their store.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mohdm

Sourcing? How about looking at the carrier websites which i got the information from and so did Mobilesyrup. if u look at their page, u would see they got that information from the Telus website.. I guess you failed to see that?.

I provided all the information based on the carrier websites. I got that quote when looking up the information you claim is wrong.

One word of advice, when you come on a forum upset, look at the other carrier sites as well. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over this. Think what you want!:)

Have a great night!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I can believe you’re actually representing company like Rogers, your argument was: because CRTC doesn’t stop you from charging these kind of unfair fees I should contact them and complain! that’s just sad.
I guess I’m really done here, good luck
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mohdm

I'm not actually. Look below on my post and you will see i do not work or represent Rogers in any way shape or form. I am a user just like you giving feedback and information as seen on websites from other carriers.

Once again. If you have a issue with the charge, you are more then welcome to contact the CRTC and complain to them. The CRTC is the ones that make up the rules and regulations for carriers to follow. So speaking to them would be the best route.
I've Been Around

I totally agree... it was surprising that they charge conx. fees for existing customers and I have been with them for 15 yrs. I was never charged this before, and they say it cannot be waived..... may be this is a deal breaker.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 in conversation