Connection Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Connection Fee

Recently I signed up a Rogers wireless contract with a phone through a Costco agent.  Paid a connection fee then.  Since that's when I switched over,  it did make sense to me.  When my first bill comes, another connection fee shows up there. 

I only have one account. I don't get it why my first bill is charging me again?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ppl06

Most likely the rep there did not put it into the system that the Connection fee was charged at the store and thus why you got charged for it again.

Connection fees are charged on the invoices from most carriers stores when doing a upgrade.

If you still have the bill and it shows u paid it, I would contact Rogers and send them that and show them ( a manager can do this). You can also go over to Costco and speak to the rep that helped u and show them what's going on. They can call on and get it fixed.
I've Been Around

it's amazing how you guys never take responsibility for any mistakes. If the rep forgets to mention an extra fee, it's on him, and as a representative of your company, it therefore becomes the company's mistake. plain and simple!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree that there are some, not all agents who forget to mention small important things like Connection fees, activation fees, upgrade fees, etc. As a Customer Facing Agent, it is really important not just to do their job, but to also understand a customers concerns from start to finish.

A Great Employee is one who is PASSIONATE about their job and does not only care about the pay check but also PUTS THEMSELF IN THE CUSTOMERS SHOES and explains everything like cancellation fees, proration, overages, taxes, activation or connection fees. People should be PASSIONATE about their job and do it with happyness knowing they are putting a smile on someones face when they walk away. The worst experience someone can have is when they walk into a store to get a phone and the guy is like yeah here is your phone off you go, with no emotion and no spirit. I understand not all agents are like that but if someone has a bad experience it gives a sour taste in their mouth about the company and they may think about changing companies. Anyways sorry for your experience I hope you fix the matter

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @grish

Thats never good. A rep for any company should always mention any fees associated to a sale.

Did you do this at a store level? If so did the rep read out the contract to you before you signed it? It would state there the connection fee as well which you would have to put a initial right beside it before leaving the store.

Or did you do this over the phone? The reps usually send out a email notification of the changes and new adds which include the service fee and any fees associated to the account as well. Every time I do a upgrade I always get a email showing me what fees I will be paying over the phone.

It happens but always remember to double check the contract before signing it. It's also the responsibility of the customer to check the contract before signing it in person and over the phone when they ask questions like " is there any other fees associated to this?". Also you do get a email copy of the contract and any change so that would show it there too. I see how upset you are about this.

Contact customer care and see if they can help you with this.
I'm Here A Lot

Just make sure you know what’re you talking about next time, you can’t just throw a wrong information to support the unfair charges and blame it on the agent who didn’t report this particular fee because no agent will provide this info to you upon the process of ordering the service, and on top of that you claimed that all other company have the same fees which not true because tules officially announced that they don’t charge this fees for new customers.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mohdm

Dont know who you are responding to ( would be great if a name was given) however the reps are TRAINED to give this information. The reps are told to say it. Some reps forget or just don't say. I don't see anywhere where " wrong information" was given.
I'm Here A Lot

So that means you’re still saying all phone companies in Canada charge a connection fee for their services? I just wanted to be sure with all do respect
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mohdm

Telus does not however Fido does. Bell has a different charge that they use. Telus charges you $20 for Sim card vs $0 at Rogers. So if you are, they charge a $20 fee but recoup it from a different way.

Telus = $20 sim card fee
Rogers = $15 connection fee
Fido = $15 Connection fee

At the end carriers will charge u a fee to recoup that amount. Doesn't matter if it's called "connection fee" or " sim card fee ". They are both the same...

" How much is my Bell Mobility activation/connection fee? On your first invoice, you'll be charged a one-time “connection charge” of $15"

Thats from Bell Canada...

" Connection Charge

One-time connection charge ($25) applies"

Thats from Virgin Mobile.

A little bit of research on your end would be best seeing as all my research has shown above that most carriers have this. You can check their websites for more information!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

“At the end carriers will charge u a fee to recoup that amount. Doesn't matter if it's called " connection fee" or " sim card fee ". They are both the same...”
So according to you, it doesn’t matter what companies called the fees but it still the same! Including Rogers! So basically you’re telling me that all companies including Rogers and Fido just play with words just for you to pay! Wow