Confirm Installation & Location of Home Phone Modem?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Confirm Installation & Location of Home Phone Modem?

So few year ago I signed up for the bundle promo to take advantage of a cheaper price vs getting only cable/internet separately. I already had a home phone through another provider so basically we weren't going to use Rogers home phone. Now I'm about to remove Rogers home phone and I'm supposed to return the phone modem. Except the problem is, we never had a technician come in the first place and install any modem.

Right now on their system it shows a modem was set up and I'm saying this did not happen. My question is, can a technician verified if any work had been done or installed in our home?

**Added Labels**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Confirm Installation & Location of Home Phone Modem?

@hotrain, so, your post looks like it was modified by @RogersLaura.  This is a record keeping question that can only be resolved by the Rogers staff.  Don't know why @RogersLaura didn't respond to your post directly.  Has she sent you a private message regarding this issue?  

Fwiw, if you were to talk to tech support, the tech would or should be able to tell you the MAC address of the Home Phone modem that is supposed to be on your account.  If it doesn't show a MAC address, I would surmise that a phone modem was never installed.  If it does show a MAC address, ask the tech to ping the MAC address and determine where that modem is actually located.   If its nowhere on the system, the next question is to determine the last record for that modem, either inbound to the warehouse, or outbound for installation somewhere in the Rogers system.  Accessing the tracking records might be a little beyond tech support as that's a maintenance and warehousing type of activity.  If that's the case, then @RogersLaura or one of the mods @CommunityHelps should undertake that task.  

The goal here is to correct the records to indicate that you don't have a Home Phone Modem installed, and that you never received that modem.  If there is a phone modem on your account, the question is, where is it? 

I've Been Here Awhile

No I did not get any notice or message on my post being modified. 

It's strange they even have a serial number of the modem tied to our home but I can assure no technician had ever come to install. I was told this phone modem can only be set up by our electrical panel in the basement by a Rogers technician and I don't see it. 

I'm supposed to have technician come to our house soon. I will pass this info to him to see if he can verify this. I am hoping he can perform whatever test to determine if in fact a modem was installed. I just hope he can verify if nothing was done as well.

Hello @hotrain,

Thank you for joining us here in the Rogers Community Forums! Great first post! 

Based on your current scenario, I can see why you would be concerned. 🤔

Typically, when our Rogers technicians come to your home to set up your bundle services, they will still connect the home phone modem (whether you decide to utilize it or not) since it does come included with your bundle.

You did mention that a technician never came to your home to set up your home phone services...may I please clarify if this was also the case for your TV and Internet services? Usually, if a technician came to set up your TV and internet, they would likely have set up the home phone at the same time. Or did you pick up the TV and internet boxes from and store and install them on your own?

It's quite possible that you are overlooking the Rogers home phone modem as it's smaller in size when compared to your other boxes for TV and internet. Could it be packed away in its original box somewhere? Here is a photo of how it might look depending on which model you have:

Please have a look and let us know if you are able to find it. If not, the technician can have a look to see if they are able to locate it as well. If all else fails, please reach back out to us here in the Rogers Community Forums so we can investigate further!

Kind regards!
RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

When I signed up for the bundle, I was already on Rogers internet and cable only. I do recall swapping a newer internet modem and cable box on my own at the store so I don't recall a technician coming in to install additional parts. At one point a technician would have came to set up our internet/cable line but that would have been before I signed up for the bundle. 

The picture you provided on the phone modem....is that something that would be set up in the basement attached to the electrical panel? Again, there's no black box big or small at the panel Or would this be attached to one of our cable outlet in one of our rooms? .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

generally, it often goes down by the elec pannel, with a cable line in, and phone line out, connected to the phone demarc box there.

But it can be installed in any other rooms there there is a cable outlet, and able to plug into a phone outlet, would work the same way.