Community and actual MyRogers under different accounts?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Community and actual MyRogers under different accounts?

@BS wrote:

I have always found it questionable from a security standpoint that Rogers has assigned the same login to all of these things including the forum to the My account - that would make as much sense as tying your online access to your bank account to say a forum discussion for the bank that you may leave open when you walk away.  Most bank logins do not let you save your password for very valid security reasons.

I strongly agree. Having a common username and password for your Rogers account and this forum is the root of many problems. A big one is that Rogers can't make logging in here automatic like it is on all other Internet forums due to security concerns. And since I have my browser remember my username and password, any unscrupulous person in the house could use my computer to mess with my Rogers account. Fortunately, they're all honest and even reimburse me for ROD  movies. All my banking links require me to manually enter my password.  What Rogers needs to do is require an email address and new password for  the accounts and leave the forum as is, but allow automatic login.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

-___- my browser does not allow me to remember myRogers log in but it remembers my passwords for everything else.

I'll figure it out eventually... it has nothing to do with Rogers' Website, obviously. Sometimes I feel like my browser likes to make me suffer just for giggles. DIGITAL GIGGLES ahhhh!

anyways, security is a good option.
why not just use lastpass? that would end all nightmare.
Encryption is another option. I have gone as far as encrypting my keystrokes lol
But good points to make Bruce.

:]
I'm a Senior Advisor

@ShakTib wrote:
-___- my browser does not allow me to remember myRogers log in but it remembers my passwords for everything else.

That's how mine was for Rogers and I thought that's how Rogers had designed it.  Then I removed Rogers from my saved passwords in Firefox and let it save my username and password when prompted the next time I signed in, and it's worked ever since.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@jackthecompguy wrote:

Thanks guys!

@JohhnyRockets ... I would keep them separate but the forums only account is causing issues some times when I try to sign in it throws me into an endless loop of "You have no rogers services with this account" and if I try to go to the forums it won't log on some times... If i wait a couple hours it works again, but its annoying sometimes, lol. I would obviously get around this if I had a service linked to the account.

I too always get the same message of "You have no rogers services with this account". For me, it is no big deal. I just click "cancel" and then click on the link to the forums at the bottom of the page. For the most part, I have never had an issue!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@jackthecompguy

I can assist with this. It takes some back end magic, but I can get it done.

We'll discuss in PM.

RogersDarrell

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Thanks @OLDYELLR - I should do that Smiley Very Happy
(Mostly was lazy to even bother to fix it,... on the bright side, I remembered my password by typing it... every-single-time lol)