Collections/rogers won't clear

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Collections/rogers won't clear

Hello @Frustrated54,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand how important it is to maintain a good credit score. What you've explained has definitely been an ordeal for you. Typically in this scenario, we recommend customers to directly reach out to Trans Union - Consumer Requests at  1-800-663-9980 or Equifax - Consumer Relations at  1-866-828-5961. 

We can review your account to see if there is a way for us to expedite a resolution. Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can look into this further for you.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I cancelled my services in February, I returned all my equipment and had a balance of $201. In March I made a payment of $50, and the same payment was made in April. Yesterday I recieved an email from credit karma that a bill of mine went to collections.... it was ROGERS!!! Why would you send a bill that had NOT gone over 6 months without a payment never the less A MONTH, to collections? I did NOT receive ANYTHING from Rogers prior to this... a $101 bill just KILLED my credit score. Why?????

Here's what my research on why bill's are sent to collections turned up..

"If you've fallen behind om your payments for six months or more, your debt account may then be assigned to a debt collector" My last payment was in April!! I'm absolutely livid!!!

Good day @JLMCB,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I know how upsetting it is to be notified that an account you've been making payments for ended up assigned to a collection agency.

Were you in touch with our Credits Operations department to ensure the payments you've made in the last couple months would prevent your from being sent to collections? If you cannot pay an account balance following a cancellation, it is ideal to make payment arrangements to prevent further collections steps.

Normally, we send a notification for the equipment to return and a final invoice. However, since your services are no longer active, there are no further reminders. You're held accountable for the remaining balance owing on the account.

I can totally imagine how frustrating this must be for you but I am confident you will be able to bounce back from that incident. Your credit will not be "killed" permanently. Once you pay the account in full, it will no longer appear as a debt on your credit report.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

That really doesn't make any sense. The bill was clearly being paid, it was not delinquent and months had not gone by without a payment. I'm pretty sure that a bill can only be sent to collections if no payment has been made in over 6 months. Also, have you ever tried to call Rogers?????? You sit on hold for HOURS waiting to talk to someone. I'll be disputing this bill. There was absolutely no grounds for it to be sent to collections. Let me tell you a little story, 7 years ago I had Bell internet, tv, and home phone, cancelled all services because Rogers made me a great deal. 8 months later I recieved a letter from Bell indicating that I still had an unpaid balance of $25... did you catch that? ***eight months later, a letter FROM Bell. With Rogers a month after the account was closed my bill gets sent to collections WITH a payment made in said month. Great way to do business!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what I am aware.. there is no specific say federally limitation on how long before it can go to collections.
The 6 month period thing, they may do before its sent, but for active accounts.
For CLOSED/CANCELED accounts it may be different, and may be more immediate.

Too many people buggering off, and never paying it off, etc.
(heck, I have had to deal with that STILL 5 years later at my house right now from the previous owners.  They move, and never close some accounts.  Have had collections agency's come from a hospital visit, 407 and something else so far.  They moved, never closed things (or did but never finished paying off))

I've Been Around

Need a way to resolve this. Derogatory account.

Hello I need to find a way to contact someone who actually knows about this. I have an account from a super long time ago that was closed because of non payment. This account was included in my consumer proposal a few years ago which I have now been discharged from. However in April Roger's has decided to post that account on my credit report as derogatory and still owing. I contacted Roger's and was redirected several times where i was told that the final payment made by my trustees was counted as a payment by the collection agency and it was never recorded as included in my consumer proposal or discharged. Finally I talked to someone who told me an address to get the trustee to send the consumer proposal paper work to and essentially hung up on me. So I called my trustee and had them send it and now 7 months later it is still on my credit still derogatory and I have no idea who to contact about this now. I have no desire to explain this all to 50 agents again only to be condescended to and hung up on. I also worked really hard before this to improve my credit rating and all in one month that was ruined by this. I want this resolved and taken off of my credit. What do I do?

Good evening @nicolealine,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post.

I understand how trying it must be to be going through this process. You must be glad it's behind you!

From the paperwork you were given when you finalized it, do you know if your cancelled Rogers account was included in it?

I'm sorry to hear you were not able to reach a satisfactory resolution after speaking with our Credit Operations representatives.

Were you able to identify whether the issue was with the update on Rogers' side or in the collection agency files.

It would be ideal for you to get in touch with them directly, to ensure all their accounts are up-to-date.

Let us know if you need further assistance or if you are unsure of which collection agency to reach out to.

To do so, PM us @CommunityHelps. If you are not familiar with our private messaging system you can check out our Blog.

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Hey everybody,
So my fiancé has been dealing with these stupid people for 4 years now all because they "say" he hasn't handed the box and hardware back to Rodgers which matter of fact he did 4 years ago because I saw him do it. Now they keep calling and asking for 800 dollars to pay this, this is stupid . I'm sorry we are not paying for anything because quite frankly he did nothing wrong. So Rodgers is messing up his life because all they want is to keep constantly taking his money. I want that to stop now!

Hello, @Cookie3.

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your concern.

When the equipment is returned at a store; it will be scanned to mark the return on the account, and a return receipt is issued. 

Based on your description it seems that the equipment still shows as unreturned on the account. You can ask the account holder take the receipt to any Rogers's store to sort out the matter. 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

we cancelled our account 4 months ago and got just one call and we got the modem charges waived off and today i got to know rogers sent our account to collections. Can anyone help please

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats