Hi. I recently (June 2nd) upgraded my phone through the Rogers preferred program (corporate discount program) with Rogers Direct (online ordering portal for Rogers preferred program). I chose to pay for the phone upfront through the Rogers direct portal and my credit card was charged for the entire amount at the time of purchase.
However, my recent Rogers bill (July) is showing the same hardware charge I already paid for, so they are charging me twice. I contacted Rogers billing/business care and they say they can’t see the order because it was made through Rogers direct so they have no way of seeing the payment. I called Rogers direct and they can see the payment but can’t see/don’t have access to my bill.
It seems I’m stuck in the middle getting bounced back and forth between Rogers direct and Rogers billing/business care. Rogers direct has reached out to Rogers billing/business care to correct the bill but I haven’t heard back yet. Can anyone advise what steps I should take to get this resolved quickly?
I realize getting charged twice can be concerning. This is definitely something you would have to discuss with our business customer care. To get a better understanding of what may have transpired, can you please confirm:
1) If one of the two transactions was process as a new activation? It could explain why you were billed twice for the same device.
2) Did you receive more than one device?
3) Did you get a chance to escalate the billing issue via the business rep?
4) Can you check to see if you received more than one order confirmation emails? It would help to know if you got more than one order number.
Additionally, if both payments were made from the same credit card, have you tried to reach out to your credit card provider to see if they can reverse the charges for you?
Re: Charged twice for phone upgrade via Rogers Direct
Thanks for reaching out. Just to clarify, I have paid only once at the time of purchase ($345 for full device cost charged to credit card). There is however a duplicate $345 device charge due on my bill so I’m being asked to pay for the same phone twice.
I think the error might have occurred due to the order being processed incorrectly at Rogers direct, or perhaps due to a price discrepancy between the Rogers direct website and what Rogers had on their side. But I’m just speculating. But to answer your q’s.
1. It was a hardware upgrade, not a new activation.
2. I received 1 device
3. There’s no specific business rep tied to Rogers direct. But I have had their customer service email Rogers business care to follow up
4. There’s only 1 order confirmation email. My Rogers direct online order history only shows the one order as well.
So Rogers direct and Rogers business care seem to be tied together in some way. But I have another number for Rogers business. Do you think they might be of more help?
Seems like I’m spending a lot of time trying to connect the right Rogers departments together so they can share information that the others can’t see. For example, The Rogers business care agent told me to have Rogers direct put a note on my account using “maestro” to have the bill adjusted, but when I brought that up to the Rogers direct agent he said he has no idea what “maestro” is.