Changing sim card.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Changing sim card

I'm in Lethbridge, AB. I have a prepaid talk, text & internet plan. I purchased a micro sim from future shop for my motorola atrix, and they said I should go to Rogers store as they had been told not to sell their sim cards for prepaid plans, so I went to the Rogers store and an individual there said their sims were $35.00 and were no different from Future Shops. Went back to Future Shop and bought a card from them for $10.00 with the caution that it might not work. That is Rogers service here I guess! Yes I know you aren't a Rogers employee, so I'm not dissing you, just thought this should be posted somewhere!  There are many similar stories here. If you have prepaid, pay as you go they don't want to talk to you.

If I go to My rogers online, they tell me there is no account for that number or name. Any suggestions as to what I should do to activate the new sim?

BTW I did like your post!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Odd that the rogers store said they were 35... first i ever heard of that.

Even when my mother in law switched around stuff on hers the store was able to do it.

I could see furtreshop not dealing with the prepaid, they are only a partial shopwith signup for all companies.

Best bet would be to call the pre-paid 1800 #

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Man Sad I tried to change my sim card but it keep getting error"update sim failed".What should I do?

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @dar9107 ,

I am sorry to hear about your SIM card issue. There are a few things we can look at:

• Did you contact customer service prior to attempting to activate the SIM card?
  • Just out of curiosity, what device are you currently using?
  • Could you possibly try either another device with the SIM card or another SIM card with the device?
  • Was this a new purchased SIM card from a Rogers dealer?
  • Did you contact customer service prior to attempting to activate the SIM card?

It would be good to narrow down the root cause of the issue. From there we can have a better understanding how to move forward.

Please keep the community updated as to the progress. This way we can help out as much as possible.

Thank you! Smiley Happy

I'm a Senior Advisor

I believe the OP purchased a SIM card for $10 from Future Shop when Rogers was selling them for $35. Is Rogers penalizing people for getting better deals on SIM cards and gouging them for $35?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am wondering if it was one of the Rogers Reseller stores.. rather than a rogers plus?
More likely to be charging more.

The two times i have ever had to pay for one at rogers, was only $10.

And most of the time, they just swaped them for free for me.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 in conversation