Changing service providers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Changing service providers

Todays I moved over from Rogers to Wind. Will I keep receiving bills from Rogers even though I'm no longer using them? Or is everything automatic?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Changing service providers

You should receive your final bill, etc from them, with any final charges, etc.. and then that should be it.

Assuming you ported over your number, etc to the other service, this should have processed the start of the cancel process on rogers side.
(may want to call in just to be sure)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dbmountain

Once you have done the port and Rogers has successfully ported the number over, it should finish with Rogers and the last day will be once your number has been ported over.

You should receive your final bill with all your charges within the next couple of days.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick responses! When I went into WIND I gave my Account # so everything would port over, including my phone number and contacts etc. Everything switched over about 10 minutes ago. I'm glad I don't have to call in to manually cancel my service with Rogers. Thanks again!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dbmountain

Then it all ported out as of today and your final day with Rogers will be today. Hopefully you receive your final bill soon!

Your welcome
I Plan to Stick Around

I might be wrong but I think the billing will stop right after the port out only if you give Rogers a 30-day notice, otherwise you'll be charged 1 extra month of services
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Smartswine

That is only if you cancel your account they need a 30 day notice. Once your u number is ported over to another carrier, they cancel it right there and then as Rogers doesn't have your number any longer.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

You should receive your final bill, etc from them, with any final charges, etc.. and then that should be it.

Assuming you ported over your number, etc to the other service, this should have processed the start of the cancel process on rogers side.
(may want to call in just to be sure)

For Changing Service Providers, a few more questions:

1. If you change ISP, does the new ISP cancel all the Rogers services? and when? 

2. After switching the TV service and you own the Rogers PVRs, can you still play any recorded program directly on your TV?

3. When switching the Internet service, I was told that Rogers will let you continue to use the  @rogers.com email address on Yahoo for $10/month. Is this true and do you have to arrange that with Rogers?

4. When switching Internet, how long do you have to return the rented wi/fi modem?

5. When switching Home Phone service, how long do you have to return the Rogers VoiP equipment?

6. When switching cell phone service, do you have to return the cell phone SIM cards?

7. When you switch, do you have to return any iPad SiM cards as well? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:

1. If you change ISP, does the new ISP cancel all the Rogers services? and when? 

2. After switching the TV service and you own the Rogers PVRs, can you still play any recorded program directly on your TV?

1. You need to cancel that (ISP) service.  With phone service it's different if you're porting the phone number - that's where your new provider gets involved and cancels your old phone service in order to retain the ported number.

2. No, the PVR will not boot without an active cable connection.  Theoretically, if you had the PVR connected to a UPS, disconnected the RF-coax before canceling your TV service, and never lost power, the PVR might work for a few weeks.  Theoretically.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

2. No, the PVR will not boot without an active cable connection.  Theoretically, if you had the PVR connected to a UPS, disconnected the RF-coax before canceling your TV service, and never lost power, the PVR might work for a few weeks.  Theoretically.

Thanks!  I unplugged the cable from the PVR when the PVR was OFF.   Then I turned the power on while it was connected to the TV with the HDMI cable. The TV was black and blank!  I tried LIST and nothing so I figured you were right.  I tried pressing GUIDE and NAVIGATOR came up.  Then I pressed LIST and low and behold all my recorded programs were there.  I tried one and it played.  Does someone want to try this just to confirm my result. 

I didn't try unplugging the PVR to see if it still worked. I am fairly sure if I did that, then the PVR would not BOOT when the cable was disconnected.  Nice to know.