Changing Wireless Plan?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Changing Wireless Plan?

Hi Rogers fourms! Can I change my rogers plan anytime I want? is there a fee or not? Right now I pay about $120 for a family plan (2 people) w/ 1GB data, 400 minutes, and unlimited text under a 3 year contract (started in September 2012). Can I switch to a 2 year plan? because I was browsing around and notice that the 2 year plan have a much better deal for pretty much the same price.

thxs, jly660

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Changing Wireless Plan?

Hello @mkdroque,

Thanks for joining us here in the Community Forums, nice first post! 👍

If you do not have any balance owing on your device, you can absolutely request a price plan change if you find a more suitable option! There may be other plan options that are more cost-effective depending on which plan you currently have. It is also important to ensure that the plan meets all of your specific usage needs before making any changes. 

If you would like us to assist you with reviewing some possible plan options, you may send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps to get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Here are some other avenues of customer support for your reference:

By Phone: 1-888-764-3771

Available 7 days a week from 7 am-midnight (ET)

Live Chat Service Online: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

Available 7 days a week from 7 am-midnight (ET)

Through Social Media Online:

Facebook Messenger

Twitter DM @RogersHelps

Available 24/7

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Changing Wireless Plan?

I've been in contract with Rogers since July 2010. I am currently approaching my 2nd year in. Am I able to change my plan to the Unlimited Value Plan while in contract or must I wait till it is finished next year?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Changing Wireless Plan?

Hello :).

You are able to change your plan at anytime you want BUT you will start a new 3year term. Also if you change it while u are in the middle of the month or ur billing cycle you will partial charges. Conctact Rogers and speak to a rep and they will help you more and all.

I hope this helps :).

***Update***

Hello MoA,

You are able to change your plan at anytime; no term will restart by changing your plan while still in committment. If you do change your plan outside of your billing cycle close date you will experience partial charges on your next months bill for the days you were on your old plan and the days you will be on your new plan.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jly660

Yes you can!. Rogers lets you change plans for free now without any fees.

In order to change from a 3 year plan to a 2 year plan, you will need to do a hardware upgrade. That is the only way they will change the term. Changing a plan will NOT change the contract you have. You will just change the plan.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@ Meowmix What plan can I change to? because I don't see any 3 year plan on the website.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jly660

The best thing to do, is contact Rogers & have them look into this for you. The website will show you plans, but the plan 2 years is ONLY when you sign up for a new contract or upgrading on the line. You can change into those plans anytime you like BUT you are stuck into the 3 year term you have until you either cancel & reopen the line or upgrade into a new device on the account.

If you want to do a 2 year term, you will need to upgrade your line to a new device & then the contract will renew to a 2 year term.

Changing plans even the ones showing only will NOT change the contract length.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@ Meowmix ok, thxs for the help!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jly660

You are welcome! 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi am karamjeet I will change the plans . I need without data cheap plan
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello karamjeet

You can contact Rogers via Phone, Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter @Rogershelps and see what they can offer you a plan without data.