Change wireless number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Change wireless number

I want to change my wireless number. I know that I can do it online but I have another question. Do I need to take the phone to have the SIM card changed? I don't understand how the phone number can be changed online and then the phone still works.

Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Change wireless number

Nope you do not need to take your phone anywhere. When you change your number online, our system tells your SIM card the new number and it starts working immediately. You may need to power cycle your phone (take battery out, wait a minute and put it back in) if the change doesnt happen immediately, otherwise thats all you need to do.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for the help James!

I've Been Around

where do i go to change my wireless number online?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

alycianicolle wrote:

where do i go to change my wireless number online?

Log into your account on www.rogers.com .  Your account info for all your Rogers services will come up.  Go to where your cell service is displayed and look for the link.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

i have a pay as u go phone in my aunts name how can i change the number?
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If it's in her name, she has to call Rogers to make arrangements for changing it over to you.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

i can't find the link on my page to change my wireless number.... it would be ALOT easier if you can just send me the link!!!! aparently its called manage my wireless services... I have lookes and there is no link on the page that says that... please help me!!! tell me which side of the page its on or send the link thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can find the link by picing up your cellular telephone, and calling 611, the rep will not only give you the link, but while your on the phone with the rep, he or she will change your wireless number for you right there over the phone. pretty neat. eh? ya never thought about that.

I've Been Here Awhile

never mind i found it... but the help site hasn't been updated to accomadate the new website... figures... all of the help info was wrong

Topic Stats