Change personal account-> business account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Change personal account-> business account

Friends of mine (A and B) just started up a business... Friend A is already with Rogers for her cell, is eligible for upgrade and interested in iPhone 6s. Friend B has been contract free on Telus since June, and also interested in iPhone 6s.

What I would like to help them do is convert A's account to a business account since they are a registered business, and port B's number to it (which would get them a $300 bill credit) on a share everything for business plan, and both get a new 6s 64gb on contract.

Is it possible to convert a personal to business acct? If so, how?

Thanks

****Edit Labels****

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Change personal account-> business account

Yeah, generally it should be.

Or if not CONVERT the account.. CREATE the business account, then change the ownership of that line, over the the business account, etc.

Just be warned though..
Business accounts, often at least from my experience, often have better PLANS sometimes that personal ones.

But OTHER things do not always apply.  May not have access to some of the other things that a personal account does (roam like home for example).  Some credits, etc may not apply on business vs regular.  And sometimes the contracts lengths, etc. 
Most of all the CRTC changes which recently came out, only apply to RETAIL accounts/phones.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

130% Agree with @Gdkitty

Hey @jackthecompguy
Adding details to what Gdkitty has already provided.

Accounts don't convert.
Friend A line will "move" (or as Gdkitty stated, change ownership) to Business Account. (and since their Personal account will have no other active line, it will terminate the account number in the process). 100% they will have a new account number. Nature of the process requires them to.

Warning Gdkitty provided is a heavy one.
Certain features and rulings don't apply to Business accounts.

If they have other services (Internet, TV, HomePhone) the account CAN NOT be consolidated with the business account.
CRTC rulings mostly effect consumer account; very important to know this.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Thanks guys... So looks like it can be done

But I have to point out you are incorrect, my Share Everything for business loyalty plan on my business account has access to Roam Like Home, and its bundled with my home internet and tv.

Its all 2yr contracts as per crtc ruling, the only thing the ruling doesn't apply to is corp accounts, ie big company Acme inc pays for 3,000 phone bills for their employees type corp accounts. Regular "Small Business" accounts are the same.

But thank-you for the info on transferring! I'll be helping her transfer. Cheers
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@jackthecompguy
>__> I can help you deconsolidate to make sure business account follows roger's policy and procedure or turn the other cheek and hope you edit that out 😉
-- I'm not incorrect 😉 It shouldn't be bundled. lol if you call in and notice it, they will advise you it will be de-consolidated.
I guess it depends on who you speak with to be honest. :]
but yes it still has access to RLH,
If you have corporate codes, you will have 3 years but not all business accounts are 3 years, they can be 2 years too. It's different rules and features.

Business side is dependant on different variables. It doesn't follow "general" rules like Consumer accounts do.
Well, Not as much anyway...

x__x" but HEY! atleast your original request is clear and answered! lol
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Oops, sorry 😮
I guess I got a really nice rep that did it for me. I'll keep quiet 😉

Thank you for helping answer my questions!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Isn't this the problem with these "back pocket" deals .  One rep gives it and  someone else sees it and says no it's against the rules and should be deconsolidated.  It's just an unhappy customer waiting to happen.

If it's not a potentially  unhappy customer in waiting, it means the rules aren't really rules   only guidelines.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Problem is, at least from my understanding... is that some people will qualify for specific deals and others wont.

Even though A may call in and get that deal, tell their friend B... B can not get the same deal.

Why?

Do they have the same number of services, spend the same amount of $ a month? Have had the service the same length of time?

Apparently all these factor into what promos are made available.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Yeah... All I can say is regardless of if it was given in error, it is good customer service for Rogers now to honour that bundling and discount. If it is ever de-consolidated without my initiation than the Office of the President will be getting a call from me.

Gdkitty - I personally have had TV and internet for 20 years with Rogers, wireless for 11 months, and contemplating changing home phone too. So that may be a factor, I do not know. I do agree though that certain customers can get certain deals, while others can't. Person A might not be able to get deal F, but can get deal C, and Person B might not be eligible for deal C, but can get F. It depends on the rep, the customer, and the biggest one i've seen is if the bill is paid on time, every month, in full. I had a billing error on my account last month (technician charges that shouldn't have been there) , and the rep corrected them happily but warned me to pay the bill in full this month, and the false charges would carry forth as a credit on next months bill. Her reasoning was "so that you won't lose your 20 year streak for paying bills on time!" Lol... I obliged and paid the higher bill this month.
Cheers guys
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I can't say for sure,
But i know regional deals are also part of that...
But Gdkitty is right, Person A will different from Person B.
So even if the information is passed down to a frieend, doesn't mean that friend can get it, by chance they may qualify, but everything is looked at before anything...