Change number of seconds before going to voicemail?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Change number of seconds before going to voicemail?

There appear to be two discussions in this thread. One discussion is regarding Cell Phones on Rogers and the time before going to voicemail seems to be "unchangeable" at around 20 seconds.

IIRC if your calls go directly to voicemail, then it's usually because the phone doesn't have a good connection.

The other discussion is regarding Rogers Home Phone and there you can change the number of rings from 1-9. I've done this myself. Here's the link:

You can customize the number of rings a caller hears before unanswered calls are directed to your voicemail.

1. Dial *94 from your home phone.
  2. After the tone, enter the desired number of rings (from 1-9) before unanswered calls are directed to your voicemail.
  3. After your entry, you’ll hear two beeps; which means you’ve successfully changed the number of rings before calls are directed to your voicemail.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/set-up-additional-features

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bultaco wrote:

No. It's NOT an Android phone or SIM setting.
It's a ROGERS setting.....it's ARBITRARY....and it's no where NEAR 40 seconds!
It's like 15-18 seconds.

WRONG! There is NO WAY to change the number of rings on your Rogers cell phone before it goes to voicemail. PERIOD!!

THere WAS no way to change the number of rings up until recently.  I strongly believe this is possible now but can only be done by the CSR.  I was a Fido customer, and had the same issue, fido uses the same HLR as Rogers does, where the provisioning is done.   The Fido CSR did it for me for Fido and increased my rings to 6 rings which was roughly 30 seconds.   I do not see why this can not be done on rogers,  I am not a rogers wireless customer, but if it can be done on fido solutions by a csr, the billing system, and provisioning and backend is the same, it . well can be done on rogers, even if the csr cant do it ,theres network engineers who can do it, if they don't know how, i will give them the . provisioning string command.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am trying to sell my house
I need more seconds of ringing!!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kilucloh1 : If you're talking about Rogers Home Phone, it's possible, as discussed in the following post.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Change-number-of-seconds-before-going-to-voice...

If you're talking about a cell phone, it's not possible to change.