Change SIM Card Online - Limit?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Change SIM Card Online - Limit?

Hi, I was wondering if the Change SIM Card feature that is online can be used to reactivate an old SIM card. I'm currently using a phone that uses the Micro SIM Card, but it's been giving me problems, so I wanted to know if I could switch back to the old Regular SIM Card and an old phone and if necessary, switch back to the Micro SIM Card in the future. Is there a limit to how often or how many times you can use the online Change SIM Card feature?

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Change SIM Card Online - Limit?

Hello kellieho

Unfortunately it does not. Most if not all old sim cards can not be reused anymore. I was able to get a few back to Activation mode but that was 1-2 years ago. Their systems won't let it do it tho.

You will need to get a new sim card.
I've Been Here Awhile

how am i to put in the old sim number if i dont have it
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @ColourBox,

In order to change your SIM online via self-serve, you must have the old SIM card number. Are you still having this issue and have you already called in and spoken to Care? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

lost sim card and have one extra how can i activate it witho the old sim card number

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @ColourBox,

At this time, please reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers and we can help you address this concern. 

Thank you, 

RogersHassam