cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Monthly Data Add-on

Gaesimm
I'm here a lot

Worst customer service ever. I have been fighting for nearly 4 months to get 2 data add ons removed from my account. I received a text saying I was close to being over my data, & I could text to add on extra data for $10 or $20, which I did. A few days later when the month had reset I texted back to cancel the add ons. I received confirmation for both that they would be removed from my account. Next month they were still there so I chatted with someone & was told they’d be removed & they could “offer” me a $30 credit (like it wasn’t owed to me!) Another 2 1/2 months go by & they are STILL on my bill!! I chatted with someone again today & was told I didn’t have the authority on the account to cancel them. So let’s get this straight - I got the text on MY phone to add data. Which I did. I got the text on MY phone saying text back to cancel any time. Which I did. I was texted back that they were removed. They weren’t. Chat guy today conveniently can’t see evidence of me canceling them. Luckily I saved the texts & offered to send screen shots but no, that’s not possible. I am SO over Rogers & their completely despicable customer service! Don’t sign with them.....ever

*** Edited Labels and Title ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cancelling Monthly Data Add-on

RogersZia

Hello @Gaesimm,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize you've had a rather challenging experience. Just to provide a little clarification, only the Family Data Manager on your account can cancel a Monthly Data Add-on. If your account does not have a Data Manager, only the main line on the account can cancel the Monthly Data Add-on.

The changes take effect on the first day of your next billing cycle. If you have more than one Monthly Data Add-on you will have to cancel each one separately. You can do so by texting the word CANCEL to 222. You’ll receive an SMS with cancellation instructions. You will see a final charge on your next invoice, whether you removed the Monthly Data Add-on in the middle of your bill cycle or at the end of it. This charge covers the Monthly Data Add-on for your current bill cycle.

Hope this helps, please reach back out if you have further questions.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersZia

Hello @Gaesimm,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize you've had a rather challenging experience. Just to provide a little clarification, only the Family Data Manager on your account can cancel a Monthly Data Add-on. If your account does not have a Data Manager, only the main line on the account can cancel the Monthly Data Add-on.

The changes take effect on the first day of your next billing cycle. If you have more than one Monthly Data Add-on you will have to cancel each one separately. You can do so by texting the word CANCEL to 222. You’ll receive an SMS with cancellation instructions. You will see a final charge on your next invoice, whether you removed the Monthly Data Add-on in the middle of your bill cycle or at the end of it. This charge covers the Monthly Data Add-on for your current bill cycle.

Hope this helps, please reach back out if you have further questions.

RogersZia

Honestly, I’m tired of telling the same story over & over & no one really listens. Let’s try this one more time. I got a text on MY phone to text back if I wanted to add data. I did that. No data manager necessary. I did it without the help of my level 1 husband. I then got a text saying to cancel anytime, text back. I did that. I got a text back saying the extra data was canceled & would be removed from our account. Pretty simple, yes? No where did the text say “have your level 1 husband text back from his phone & we will cancel the data”. When I received the message that the data had been canceled I had absolutely no reason to believe it wouldn’t be!!!!!! Do you understand? What am I missing here?? You people have taken something that should have been so simple & turned it into the biggest farce of red tape bureaucracy I have ever come across! There was no need for what I’ve had to go through! It was nothing more than a ploy to keep charging us every month & hope we’d never cancel. My husband has been a Rogers customer for nearly 20 years, myself about 8 or so. We’ve poured an exorbitant amount of money into this company & this is what customer loyalty looks like? Shame on all of you.

Good evening @Gaesimm,

We try our best to ensure we can deliver a good customer experience on each interaction. I just wanted to take the time to explain how the feature cancellation works. We want you to know we do appreciate your long term association with Rogers.

If you still require assistance with the account billing do reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to assist you. If you're not familiar with our private message system, please click here to learn more! 

RogersZia

I’ve seen no evidence of anyone trying to deliver a good customer experience during this escapade.
I’m taking more of my time to explain to you that the cancellation feature does NOT work! If it did I would NOT have received a text telling me to text “cancel” at any time, NOR would I have received a message back saying the data add ons have been removed from my account! You all just dug your heels in & refused to listen to me & as much as called me a liar. This is disgraceful!

Annluu
I've been around
I texted 222 2 months ago to cancel and I am still getting 5gb extra data for 45 bucks I want this fixed now!!!!

Good luck with getting it cancelled. Eventually they made me to to a Rogers store & physically show him my phone with the texts saying the add ons had been cancelled. They might as well have come right out & call me a liar. I spent 2 hours of my evening in that store while the manager was on hold with whoever, wherever. I have even reported this to the CRTC because it was so wrong on every level. I have not & will not forgive or forget.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
glad it worked out for you, yeah if texting 222 2 does not work, try calling customer service or visiting a store., yeah its not as convenient, but the reps there are trained professionals and even though they did not cause the problem they do their best to fix it

Gaesimm
I'm here a lot

You consider 4 months of  complete frustration “worked out” ? I communicated with customer service several times & the guy at the Rogers store wanted nothing to do with my problem & only called head office because he was told to. 
The bottom line here is THERE’S A FLAW IN THE SYSTEM. For the life of me I cannot understand why everyone refuses to acknowledge that. 

RJ10
I've been here awhile

Exact same things is happening to me, working on 3 months trying to get rid of a $20 add-on.  This is nuts.  texting cancel  to 222 and getting confirmation doesn't do anything.  My line is the data manager, other line gets an error if texting to 222.  Calling hasn't helped.  online chat hasn't helped.   Very close to changing providers.  horrible service.

Hello, @RJ10.

Thank you for joining this thread, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate you sharing your experience with cancelling the data add-on; it's disappointing your concern hasn't been addressed yet. 

We can look into cancelling the data add-on for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Community - If the resolution is pending for any other participants of this thread, you are welcome to send a private message. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

RJ10
I've been here awhile

Thanks, just had another chat and my issue has been escalated and the add-on should be removed withing the next few days.  We will see.  I will be calling to verify this before my next billing cycle and also expecting a $60 refund for the last few months.  It's concerning that Rogers can not identify the issue with the cancel procedure and texting to 222.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation