Cancel Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Cancel Service

Hello @Vovam74,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're so upset about your service with us. We would definitely like to address your concerns and resolve them to the best of our abilities.

Can you please elaborate a little on what on going issues are you experiencing? Is this with the Internet service or any other residential service? Is it related to the billing or the technical aspect of the service?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further :). Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Last week I signed up with my ISP, Execulink, for their Link TV, which is similar to Ignite TV, but simpler and less expensive and today I called Rogers and canceled my Cable. I had been thinking about it for some time since getting their fibre internet and home phone last year and was going to do it when my Rogers Cable bill went over $100 in  March of this year, but procrastinated and got caught by the COVID-19 lock-down. 

I had a good run with Rogers Cable, signing up when it was Shaw in my area and then they traded territories.  The big change came when I got a call from Rogers in 2009 offering me a free (discontinued) SA8300SD PVR and a good deal on digital cable for less than I was paying at the time.  I then signed up for VIP and eventually bought a refurbished SA8300HD PVR.  The VIP package was great and gave me 500-odd unique channels, including music channels. Sadly, I only watched a dozen or two and some I would have liked were missing. But, being now grandfathered, it was still a better deal than Rogers current offerings.  However with the Link TV starter pack of 25 channels plus the 30 I added, I get all I watched with VIP and a handful I didn't have before that I wanted. Also my SA8300 PVRs were getting long in the tooth and it was a matter of time before failure.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just a follow-up to my cancellation of Rogers Cable yesterday. Yes, the agent did ask me why I was cancelling and try to offer me temporary incentives, like Crave, but I was firm because I already had the new service.  My cable account now shows up as cancelled and this morning my PVR just displays 4 dashes instead of the date and when I access it, I no longer see my recordings but the "unauthorized" notice. I remember reading here that you could still watch your recordings so long as the PVR has stayed powered up, but I guess not. At least I made a list of everything, even shows on hiatus, so I could schedule them on my new service.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:  I remember reading here that you could still watch your recordings so long as the PVR has stayed powered up....

You needed to unplug the PVR from the RF-coax before cancelling.  The unit is now deathorized, so it won't boot up/work. Had you unplugged the RF-coax before cancelling, it would still be working as long as it had power (people often connect to a UPS) and didn't require a reboot.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR wrote:  I remember reading here that you could still watch your recordings so long as the PVR has stayed powered up....

You needed to unplug the PVR from the RF-coax before cancelling.  The unit is now deathorized, so it won't boot up/work. Had you unplugged the RF-coax before cancelling, it would still be working as long as it had power (people often connect to a UPS) and didn't require a reboot.

Darn, I missed that part. However, I don't think I had anything new on there, just a whole slew of archived Austin City Limits episodes. My other SA8300HD box was also still connected to the cable, so it too shows 4 dashes. But my SA8300SD, which had a load of kids shows was disconnected and put away. I suppose that won't play anything on it either, since it wasn't powered.