Cancel Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Cancel Service

Hello, my phone was broken . and decided to cancel my contract. I still have 2 yrs left . I got the phone last dec 26 2012, I have a contract for 3  yrs. How much. Or how to calculate the cancellation fee/ or the penalties

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello leniel11

Its called the Flextab. You will be paying the device balance that is left. To see that you have a few options, you can call into Rogers and ask them about it. You can go into a Rogers store and they will tell you. You can contact Rogers via Rogers Live Chat and they will check it for u. You can also check it via logging into My Rogers - Overview - Device Balance. If you want to cancel, you will need to call into Rogers to do it. No one here can give you the cancellation fee tho.

You have the devices balance you are told + $12.50 disconnection fee + last month's bill + you need to give a 30 days notice. All this will be explained to you when calling into Rogers
I've Been Around

Icurrently have all services from Rogers. If I cancel my home phone service will I lose my better choice bundle discount from the remaining services I have? Thank you

I've Been Around

I would like to know how much is it going to cost me to cancel my wireless service.

I signed up gor a 3 year contract on Dec 02 2012, i been trying to find this info on the site but could not find it

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello javaldes85

Unfortunately no one on here can give you that detail as we don't work for Rogers nor do we have access to customers accounts.  Here are some ways of finding out. 

1). Log into My Rogers -  Products And Services - Device Balance. This will tell you the remaining if the device balance and this will be thr cancellation fee.  If you don't have this option, follow my steps below.  

2). Go into any Rogers store and have the store rep check it out for you and give u the information. 

3). You can contact Rogers via calling them at *611 via your mobile phone, Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and they will be able to give you that information for you and u will know what the cost will be.  

Hope this helps!! 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Use the contact # 416-935-5555 it for when you are out of country Smiley Wink

I've Been Around

Alright so I'm tired of Rogers sadly. Anyways, I paid my phone in full since I lost my last one, but I was told I had to sign a new contract (expecting that, I figured I would only pay a limited amount for the phone), the next month I received a bill totalling over $800 I called to confirm what the cost was for they said due to loosing my phone and not having the option for the upgrade that is the charge for my new iPhone5 at the time. So I paid my bill. Now I want out of my contract, I was reading that if I own the phone I should have to pay a fee....I feel thats fair since the keep charging me exceeding amounts...like this current month...for changing my plan, I am paying double this month...not a happy camper. And if this doesn't work what is the cost to cancel? And how do I get out if I signed 3 years before December 2013 before the CRTC stuff?

Help

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you change your plans, there is no aditional cost or change fee, etc.. no change to a contract, etc.
All that you will really see, is sometimes PARTIAL charges on your bill, based on when the change was made

(often a full charge for the old plan, then a discount, then a partial for the new plan).

So with the lost one.. you paid off the remailing upgrade fee for it?  Then got a new one?
Guessing they put it in wrong as a full out purchase not a new contract.... but hard to say.. none of us work for rogers and can see all the paperwork, etc.

The cost, to cancel ANY phone line, weither in contract or not, is aprox $13.  IF you do have a contract/hardware subsidy on a phone still, you will have to pay what is remaining back on it.

The CRTC stuff, really doesnt come into effect.  It only effect NEW contracts.  So if it was done under a 3 year, its a 3 year still.  Only ones done after the date, are forced to 2  year.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

That would be great (to speak to someone) I have been hung up on after being on hold for 30 minutes - you people do not even call customers back!!!

Service sucks!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

So I had this Rocketstick since 2013 under a flex rate plan.  however I had this plan/stick cancelled since April 2015.  And since then I have noticed it is still charging me $5 flex rate monthly.  I do not even use the stick at all now.  I have checked the device balance and is at $0.  Is there a way to remove this from my account? or Cancel it?