Can't purchase data pass

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Can't purchase data pass

It looks like rogers have removed the automatic prompt asking if you want to purchase a day pass if you're on a plan, and they now tell you you have to purchase a monthly data plan. However you can still purchase a data pass by opening the data day pass link in your browser:

rogers-fido.mobi:8080/primary/daypass_page?brand=Rogers&dtype=BBM&itype=i&atype=PSPD

(at least, it comes up, but I haven't actually tested to see if I can purchase it).

I've Been Around

you're genius!!!
I've Been Here Awhile

Incredible that we have to go through all this to get access to the day pass!!!!!!  Thanks every so much, this works when nothing else does.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@davidj @jdalve @fibontrader 

Update on data add-ons

I did a chat today to get the current status.

Here is what I learned - only consumer share everything plans with data have access to data add-ons.  I was informed that having a talk and text only plan, I had no data, and data add-ons are not available.

He could not tell me when this changed.  He actually had to review my account and consult to find out. But I know from past, because these are "add-ons", all companies have no requirement to advise us of changes or termination of add-ons.  As readers of this thread will know, the add-on feature has changed in pricing, amounts available and how it works numerous times over the last few years, and it is hear or by contacting them with a question that we learn of these changes.

For pay as you go users, you can do a data add-on by calling in or via myrogers as far as I know.  

From their web site pay as you go internet add-ons

How to purchase Internet Add-ons

1. Sign in to My Rogers on rogers.com OR your My Account mobile app.

2. Dial 611 from your Pay As You GoTM phone.

3. Call 1 800 575-9090. When prompted, select 3 for account features.

Please note something though.  For the last few weeks, I am unable to connect to MyAccount mobile unless I am on my WIFI, that it is no longer available via LTE that is on for carrier features like MMS.

My wife who has a share plan with 500 Mb data per month, must now turn on her LTE in order to check her data usage.

For those who do have data and just want to do a data add-on - note they don't call them top ups anymore.

Just text DATA to 222, choose the data option that’s right for you, and you’re set!

It will text back to you choices of what level of data you want to add-on.

Note that you are enrolling for recurring data add-on and to cancel it do the following before the end of the billing period - you can do it right after ordering it so you don't need to worry -

To cancel a data add-on, text "CANCEL" to 222.  Leave the quotes out.

Don't know if you can call in to get it done or not.  Certainly for pay as you go, the numbers are above.

You can also do it from your MyRogers on the Internet, or from your app, it is there too. There is a button for add data - on my wife's line, but not mine. 

For more confusion, it was on mine on MyRogers app for a few days, and today, it was removed. Roger's change management practices still need work!!

So in summary -

If you have data currently in any amount, follow the steps above to add data - the link does not work anymore, and do remember to cancel recurring, if you only wanted it one time.

talk and text post paid plan, non share plan - no data on the plan - no add-ons available.  You won't see the add data feature on MyRogers or the app, and if you do 222 DATA when you have no data on your plan, you get the following message, "Rogers Msg (from 3339): Sorry we could not complete your request. To add data to your plan now,please test the keyword "DATA" to 222.

And you will get the same message.  You can do that all you want in my case, same resonse - uh duh!!

So that is the current status of add-ons.  When on the chat, they suggested they could change my plan. Nope, I am always with my wife and she has limited data, and we will keep doing as such. If I ever need data, I will be fully shopping around and probably going pay as you go, but for now, have lived without data for my whole time with a phone, I can still live without it.

Now, as for roam like home, or roaming, I guess you will still get data available for day as standalone fee or part of roam like home.  Different story.  So much for being able to have data for an emergency when travelling at home.

For flexibility low end user like me, pay as you go makes the most sense.

Hope they put back access to MyRogers app for non data customers - there are some who have limited minute or text plans and may need to check and now they would have to phone in or wait for WIFI.

Hope this clears up the mud a little bit.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Nothing works for me.
I've Been Here Awhile

When opening the following data day pass link in your browser:

rogers-fido.mobi:8080/primary/daypass_page?brand=Rogers&dtype=BBM&itype=i&atype=PSPD

I found that your WiFi needs to be off otherwise it does not work.

As an aside, inability for this to not work on your PAYG phone may be due to as Rogers puts it having an old “historical” account.  After several unsuccessful attempts at trying to get LTE speeds on my phone with new LTE SIM cards, only after upgrading to one of the PAYG talk & text plans, did I obtain LTE service.  To be clear, I only starting using the above day pass link after I upgraded my plan, so cannot confirm if this link works under old “historical” accounts or not.

I've Been Here Awhile

Perhaps that is the problem for me. I have PAYG for ages. Every time I click the link, it tells me that I cannot access the page because I don't have a data plan. I did turn my wifi off. I think I also saw another post under PAYG that one day pass is no longer available...
I've Been Here Awhile

I can confirm that when I click the link "www.rogers.mobi/pass" that I get from Rogers after texting "Yes" or "Data" to 3282, and WiFi is off, or trying the “Sign into the Rogers Network” notification on my Android phone, the response is:  “You are unable to access this page because your current plan does not include data and you are not connected to WiFi.” which can be seen at “https://www.rogers.com/data-notice”    If I then connect to Wifi, the web request times out and I get no notification.  I experienced the exact same responses under my old plan so this is consistent behaviour.

I can confirm at time of posting this message that when I use the “rogers-fido.mobi:8080/primary/daypass_page?brand=Rogers&dtype=BBM&itype=i&atype=PSPD” link directly and WiFi is off, I obtained a day pass so it is still working when one uses this approach.  How long it will continue to work of course is another story 🙂 

I Plan to Stick Around

Also, try with LTE off in case that makes a difference.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yay, it works now. Thanks so much for your input!