Can't purchase data pass

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Can't purchase data pass

I tried . Nerver work. The page doesnt load.

Good day @louisb1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

Being able to purchase a data add-on when you need to browse on the go is something you should have access to.

We want to help you resolve the issue encountered.

First, there are many ways you can opt for to have it added.

How to purchase Internet Add-ons:

1. Sign in to MyRogers on rogers.com

2. Dial 611 from your Pay As You Go phone.

3. Call 1 (800) 575-9090. When prompted, select 3 for account features.

You mentioned that the page did not load. Was it when you tried to access it directly from your device, or via our web page?

Let us know! We hope we can assist you further, if the need may be. Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I haven’t been able to purchase a days internet pass for the last month.
The page to purchase does not load.
Something is wrong with Rogers page to purchase data. I’ve been doing this for the last 3 years.
I'm a Senior Advisor

I think there is a need for clarification on this post - there historically has been two types of data passes - for pay as you go prepaid, and for text and talk post paid.

I want to ask specifically about the post paid version.  Up until last year, when I tried to open a browser on my mobile phone, I was directed to a website where I could choose a daily or weekly pass.

In February, in this post was a description, which is also what we currently find on the Fido website for day passes, for post paid plans, talk and text (no data).

If we sent a text to 3282 with the word data, or yes, you got a link to www.rogers.mobi/pass which allowed us the one day or week data pass option - the website rogers.mobi  on data on the network with no WIFI access on, used to give us access to our account and add-ons for years too.

Today, when seeing this post, I tried the above option, and I turn off WIFI on the device, and make sure that data LTE is on and it shows being received, but the Rogers.mobi site will not connect, and there is no way to access data.

Please could a moderator confirm whether this site is still available or has it been removed, and if so, when, and why has there been no notice that I am aware of?

Minor addition - as described in earlier posts, if I try rogers.mobi  (no www. in front, and no/pass at the end - www. with or without /pass never returns a response from the page).

If I try rogers.mobi, get redirected to following message - (Error) WIFI Detected

We were unable to authenticate you as you are notcurrently on the Rogers or Fido Mobile Networks. Please disable your WIFI connection and launch your browser to try again, Click here for Yahoo! one search. - Yahoo! one search does not return anything either. So the whole error message is kind of meaningless.

My WIFI is turned off from WIFI settings on LG G4 definitively.  When I go to www.mobi/pass, I get no response - WIFI off or on, doesn't matter - rogers.mobi produces the error message.

Note, there seems to be a 7.99 roaming data add-on of 50 MB per day available on Roam like home for US, but that will be on top of the 7.00 roam like home charge, but one other factor is that it says you will be warned when you reach the limit, but if you keep using data, they charge another 7.99 to keep using - (question, does this mean there is a max of 100.00 on data overages in this case or is that overridden as due to that we told and kept using it?)

But I see no reference anywhere on the site to data when in Canada in the old format - see this site at FIDO to see their description - for daily, weekly and monthly add-ons - it is a similiar site www.fido.mobi/data (rather than rogers.mobi/pass).

Guidance and clarification required.

End of edit.

Thanks Bruce.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Update on data pass access for post paid, talk and text plans.

I contacted tech support, and their words were the following.

The pass is still available at the moment.

Unfortunately, the site is under maintenance.

There is no way to call in and access the data pass option, only available through your device.

No ETA on when site will be back up.

I do hope that they get it operating again.

I have never had data on a plan, and don't want it, but do want access to data in a limited manner in an emergency.

I was comparing the price of my existing plan without data, long distance Canada wide unlimited to a current in market on web site data plan, and I would be looking at a 25.00 per month increase to have access to 500 MB per month, not that I want it anyway.  That price difference is the same when comparing a basic plan, no data compared to a tab 500 MB data plan canada wide, it is a 25.00 price difference.  I currently have a loyalty plan and have a low end smart phone through the plan.

So, let's hope this isn't another move to remove another service feature for lower end services.

The whole process of data add-ons and the historical top up process, and the pricing structure under pay as you go have all gone through changes, unfortunately leaves me wondering what the basic plan users are in for.

The travel data add-on is still available while roaming though via the roam like home - it would be the one day roam like home 7.00 per day, plus 7.99 for data for 50 MB only.

It appears you can do it without Roam like home too (I have opted out of Roam like Home - you just call in or chat in and ask them opt out of Roam like home - use those exact words and be firm if you don't want it that you understand that you don't pay if you don't use it.  Pay per use is better for me, data, messaging and voice historically - each persons situation will vary as to which choice is better for you). You can opt in to roam like home on the web site, but you can't opt out on the site.

There is an option described in add-ons for travel as follows, doesn't appear that you require roam like home.

Details

Simply turn data on - there's no need to purchase a data roaming option5.

What Can I Do With That Much Data?

With 50 MB you can view approximately 50 maps, 1,000 emails or 250 web pages8.

Tracking usage

We'll notify you when you are approaching 50 MB each day (within 24 hours) Need more data? Continue your usage and we'll charge another $7.99/day automatically. Track your data roaming charges anytime you want for free, by texting USAGE to 3330.

It is automatic from your device once you connect to a roaming data carrier.

So stay tuned on what is going on with the site.  I am going through what is described at the beginning of the thread, before someone came in with the commen of being on Prepaid, pay as you go.  The previous person was on post paid, but it was suggested that they must be connected to WIFI still, which the person reported they weren't.  I have done all the same tests.

So it is good to know that the site is actually down, when it returns, unkonwn.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

Text to 3282 with YES or DATA now gets page for data pass on post paid talk and text plans.

The web site www.rogers.mobi/pass is working again.

It actually redirects to a new site called rogers-fido

Remember that to access this link, you must turn your WIFI off and your cellular data must be on.

If you happen to just go to www.rogers.mobi you will get the original old web site for managing your account before MyRogers came along - most things are dead links though - bit of a trail down history  - buy ring tones, ring backs,

I Plan to Stick Around

I was going to change my PAYG plan to postpaid today, but the Rogers customer service person I spoke to said that there is no data day pass option for postpaid accounts. She even checked by phoning the postpaid dept, and she confirmed that there is no data day pass option.

So, has Rogers removed this feature from postpaid accounts now?

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually, I just asked me wife to check as she is on a postpaid account, and the data day pass works for her account. So I guess the Rogers rep didn't know what she was talking about. The odd thing is that she put me on hold for a minute while she (apparently) phoned the postpaid dept. Anyone from Rogers have an explanation for this?

Good day @davidj,

Thank you for your post!

I completely understand the nature of your inquiry and I'm glad to hear you're considering transferring your prepaid line over to postpaid.

Are you planning on getting a voice and text only plan?

If you use data on a regular basis, you may consider choosing a plan, shareable or not, that includes a certain amount of data, as it may come down less expensive than purchasing data passes.

For more information, visit www.rogers.com/plans.

If you pick a voice & text plan, you will have the ability to purchase domestic wireless Internet passes for your postpaid account.

Once you try to access the Internet without being connected to a Wi-Fi network, you'll be notified of your options. 

When you open your internet browser, you will be asked to purchase a Wireless Internet Pass if you browse to a chargeable website.

• You will receive an SMS and/or be redirected to purchase a Pass before you can continue.
  • If you are a Blackberry user, you are encouraged to use the Short Code mentioned below.

You can also text the words "Data" or "Yes" to 3282.

• You will receive an SMS with a link to complete your purchase.

If your plan includes data but you're afraid of going over, there's no need to worry. With monthly plans, you can add  wireless data top-ups.

I hope this addresses all your inquiries! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I used to be able to purchase a 100 MB day pass for $1. This doesn't seem to be available anymore. I can't find anything on the website about the removal of  the day pass option. What's going on?