Can't get new PIN number -- chatted, called, went in store.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't get new PIN number -- chatted, called, went in store.

Hello,

I have spoken to about 7 different agents about this issue the past week.

I first discovered that I had been overcharged on my account since September 2018 after I asked for a service to be removed from my account. The agent never removed the service. Fine... I began to chat with an agent to get this resolved. They requested my PIN number, that I forgot. They said they could not make any changes or see anything without my PIN. Fine, I asked to reset the PIN. The PIN can only be reset in person in store.

This is where the issue comes in -- I work about 80 hours a week and am also disabled. It is not easy for me to go in store... but I did it anyways. I go in store to provide my identification. The person in-store gives me a phone number (this number 1-888-383-2680 ext. 8861) and says that the person there will reset my PIN This number goes right to voicemail. I've tried calling numerous times and I've left a message. No response.

I chat with an agent again to tell them that going in-store didn't do anything. They never reset my PIN. I was told to go in store again.

I cannot do this again. As I said, I work 80 hours a week and am disabled. This is beyond frustrating and I've never had such an issue accessing MY account. I have a far easier time changing my banking PIN or accessing my bank account.

How in the world does someone in my situation change my PIN and get access to MY account? This is honestly outrageous that there is no alternative for people with disabilities or people who cannot go to a store front. How is this fair? How can there be no alternative to provide info about myself to change my PIN?

I feel like I am being deliberately messed around with at this point. I've been a customer for 12 years and am being refused access to my account. Kind of ridiculous, no?

***Added Labels***

Re: Can't get new PIN number -- chatted, called, went in store.

Good evening @mitchmagic,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us and we most definitely hope to help you shed some light on this matter.

First, keep in mind that we take our customers privacy and security very seriously. When a PIN is added to an account, it is often to protect the account holder from potential frauds. The reason why I am sharing this with you, is that the phone number you were given in store seems to be the one of a Fraud Prevention advisor.

I understand you are having a hard time reaching this person. You may want to try dialing 1(888) 383-2080 and then the extension 8861. It's ideal to call during business hours.

I'm confident this will be resolved as soon as you get hold of the Fraud Prevention advisor.

Kindly, let us know if you need further assistance!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I've called the person over 10 times. No response. No answer.

Now what?

Good afternoon @mitchmagic,

Thanks for all you have done thus far. If you left a voicemail over the weekend, we should get back to by Monday.

If you did indeed leave a message and do not hear back by tomorrow, please send a Private Message to us here at @CommunityHelps so we can investigate this matter further for you.

Please click HERE, for instructions on how to send a Private Message if you are unfamiliar.

RogersTim