cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get prorated bill for the final bill after transfer from Rogers to Fido?

ZhiqiZhang
I've been here awhile

I transferred from Rogers to Fido and the port request was completed on Nov 27 which is in the middle of the bill period Nov 16 ~ Dec 15. For the last bill in Rogers, I assume I should be charged for the actual usage till Nov 27 rather than full month. As I have received the bill for the full bill period, can I know if I can get the final bill be updated with the actual prorated usage, then I can pay the bill based on my exact usage and no need to bother the refund in the next bill cycle? Thanks!

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I get prorated bill for the final bill after transfer from Rogers to Fido?

RogersRahul

Hello and welcome to the Community @ZhiqiZhang,

I surely understand how this can be a bit confusing, on the final bill you should be charged until the day your number was ported out, but as your bill was generated before the port out, you saw the full regular charge on the bill. You will be receiving a final bill with the adjusted balance and it can take up to 3 weeks for the final bill to be generated.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

RogersRahul

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can I get prorated bill for the final bill after transfer from Rogers to Fido?

RogersRahul

Hello and welcome to the Community @ZhiqiZhang,

I surely understand how this can be a bit confusing, on the final bill you should be charged until the day your number was ported out, but as your bill was generated before the port out, you saw the full regular charge on the bill. You will be receiving a final bill with the adjusted balance and it can take up to 3 weeks for the final bill to be generated.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

RogersRahul

ZhiqiZhang
I've been here awhile

Thanks a lot for your reply! Understood.

Can I pay the bill after the final bill is generated? Or do I need to pay the full regular charge first then apply for reimbursement? I prefer the former - paying the final bill once which is more straightforward. Thanks again!

Good morning ZhiqiZhang!

My name is Corey and I'm here to take over for Rahul. How are you this morning?

In your particular circumstance, if you wait for the final bill, you do risk late fees. As long as you pay before the usual pay by date, you won't see any late fees.

If you do overpay as a result of this, we will send a refund. I hope that answers your question. 🙂 

Regards,

RogersCorey

ZhiqiZhang
I've been here awhile
Dear Corey,

Thanks for your reminder! Can I know how the refund will be paid? Will you send a cheque to me or pay it to my credit card which I paid my bill?

And per my check my next Required Payment Date is December 12, 2021, I assume it's my pay by date, is this correct? I stopped my Rogers' service on Nov 27, which is 15 days from Dec 12. Could you pls help expedite my final bill to be issued by Dec 12? So that I can pay the final bill once without need to worry about the refund process. Thanks again for your kind help!

Best regards,
Zhiqi

Hi again @ZhiqiZhang!

Refunds will be issued via cheque sent in the mail. Unfortunately, we don't have any way to expedite a bill. It will become available around the same time it typically does each month.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation