Can I cancel a line on my account but transfer the contract to another line?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Can I cancel a line on my account but transfer the contract to another line?

I'm looking to remove one of my phones from my family plans, as i no longer need 3 lines.  i just got the last line a year ago this is the line i want to remove but the tab is over 300,  is there any way to remove another line that  i owe nothing on and transfer the number to the newer account.

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can I cancel a line on my account but transfer the contract to another line?

Hmm.. Hopefully a roger rep can pop on here and answer more accurately.

I dont see why NOT though..

Likely, would have to do the number transfer BEFORE the cancel..

(which i beleive should be doable)

Then cancel the other line.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I cancel a line on my account but transfer the contract to another line?

Good Morning @christryon,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, you would not be able to transfer your phone number to another line without having to pay off your flex tab, as the flex tab is associated with that original line, which would be cancelled if you transfer the phone number. If you no longer need the line, an alternative to cancelling the line would be to do a transfer of responsibility to a friend or family member who is willing to take over the line. That would transfer the flex tab balance over to them and remove that line off of your account.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I’m looking to cancel one of my three lines as my daughter moved out and left us with her phone having a balance on it’s tab. My line has no balance on the phone but I use the number for work, so I want to move my number over to my daughters phone then cancel my line. My wife did this maybe 4 years ago when we no longer needed a business line and 2 personal lines, she was able to keep the business number and move it to her line. Then we canceled the business line.

Hi there @christryon,

Thanks for your post! I understand your desire to cancel your daughter's line without having to pay the remaining FLEXtab.

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer the subsidy associated with a telephone number to another one. Have you considered a Transfer of Responsibility?

Also, if she wishes to keep her phone number, she could port it out to another service provider. Keep in mind that would generate the remaining subsidy to be billed to your account.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude