Calling 611 or 911 in the USA without a US plan or US calling option

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Calling 611 or 911 in the USA without a US plan or US calling option

Hello Hmm

It appears that there was not much clarification on this particular issue, I might be able to assist with some of the information in regards to this.

Currently 911 fees are built into any and all plans automatically (even if they are not shown separately) and are consider emergency numbers and not a regular phone call. Therefore regular calling rules do not apply although 911 only works while within Canada and the US. You would have to see the local emergency number for international locations.

*611 does not work outside of Canada, not 100% certain if it would even work while within the US. but Rogers has a toll free number that can be called from a local land line. Rather than the traditional 1-888-ROGERS1 you would instead use 1-888-ROGERS2. Keep in mind toll free numbers only remove long distance charges and do not prevent local airtime charges from occurring which means that roaming may still apply (so use a local phone to be safe). The +1-514 *** **** number is the toll free number for if you were calling from an international location but would not work in the U.S. and same rules would apply. 

I would still recommend contacting Rogers prior to any traveling with your cell phone for most up to date information since this information is about a week old from their KMT. That's why I recommend contacting them, since it can change on a moment's notice.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

No it's free. Once you connect to a another network and the text is sent you it says there in brackets (no charge) your calling rogers with that #...
I Plan to Stick Around

When calling Rogers 611 on your cell phone does it count towards your minutes?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted

Hello @falcios,

There are several ways in which to reach our Customer Care team at no charge while traveling both inside and outside of Canada. Please see below for the available options:

Short Code: 
◦ *611 (only within Canada)

Call Toll-free: 
◦ 1-888-764-3771 (only within Canada)
◦ 1-888-764-3772 (while in the U.S.)
◦ 1-514-734-7699 (outside of Canada & U.S)

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura