COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

I've got a Rep on this now. Deal is 50G for $120 plus 50% off the next 10G over the 50G mark. 

Hey I'll take it. 

Thanks again

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That sucks.

That's more than my grandfathered plan.

https://imgur.com/a/XVCuZP3

Rogers doesn't want you to know that because they are trying to hide what they did with their "new" plans last year.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Whatever you do, don't change anything. We were on a grandfathered plan and our hub died.

After getting assurances that activating a new hub would not change our plan, surprise surprise, we were knocked off our plan.

After many attempts at calling in we got no where except for higher bills. I'm sure someone at Rogers got a bonus for getting someone off a grandfathered plan.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The fact that Rogers, and the other players, were able to jointly become LESS competitive with their plans, shows how broken internet is in canada. The monopoly has to be stopped or CRTC might as well be dissolved.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well said! Contacting local MPs or the PM's office might help persuade Canadian telcos do what's right
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah my friend has the old Hub deal. New to Rogers only since Dec so not counting on the HUB biting the bullet. Right now, Rogers Hub is the only internet solution.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

We live in a rural area with no hard wire internet available so we got the biggest hub plan available which is 100gb.  Rarely do we go over this except for Christmas when lots of family is out and I am ok with this.  However during the COVID 19 pandemic, we are forced to work and school from home. I was worried about our usage and was able to do an online chat with a Rogers person on their site.  I asked if they are waiving data overages for the hub plans as they are for the normal plans.  They said no because it's "mobile".  I assured them that there is no other option for us and that I would be happier to pay less money for better service.  They said there is nothing they can do.  I asked about getting a second 100gb plan but they said they can't because it's not currently offered.  They said I could get the current plan for 55gb for $155 which is more than my current plan costs for almost half the data!  So this morning I get a bill for $367 in overage fees for 69.5gb of extra data.  I was expecting this, but very disappointed.  I wish these guys would help out their customers in these times of need.

I would urge everyone to submit a concern to Rogers about this.  Rural customers are now at a further disadvantage compared to the rest of the population with affordable internet.  Here is the link to report a concern: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow, thats a hit but sure with working from home, perhaps kids doing Google lessons online and then your 'stay at home entertainment' it doesn't take long does it? Would it be cheaper to get like a second or third cell phone to just a hot spot hub? Maybe a better deal but I know you are limited to the number of hotspots taping in at a time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It would cost less to get more than one plan, which is what I told Rogers I would be happy to do as long as it's the same as my 100gb for $145 plan.  They said that's not a current plan but I could get a 55gb for $155 plan.  I'd be paying more for less data than my current plan.  I guess that I just thought they would do the right thing and waive overages, I was wrong.  

I'm working on getting a Telus Hub, $80 for 500gb then I can use it as the main one and use Rogers as a backup.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Telus is not available in my area so I am urging everyone to go to their site and sign up if it is not available.   Hopefully with requests from rural areas that are not currently serviced, Telus will focus on expanding to these areas.