cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

RockinR
I Plan to Stick Around

For the home hub users that are likely not included on the lifted data cap that "Home Internet" users have been gifted. I call it a "shame on you" Rogers for treating the rural folk as second hand citizens. 

You realize that the same people that exist in the rural areas that are forced to use the Hub as their " Home Internet " with the measly data cap for exorbitant price per gig are paying for a service also that is "Home Internet". 

What's it going to take to give the rural users a break? Extinction? 

***Edited Labels***

88 REPLIES 88

Re: COVID-19 and Data Restrictions Still on Hubs/Cell?

RockinR
I Plan to Stick Around
That's True...I called both Bell and Rogers. Pfft.

JM2020
I've Been Around
This is very unfortunate for rural people like myself that cannot get home internet where they live. Like a lot of others, I am forced to work from home during this time and in turn will be using much more data. I could understand if Rogers weren’t lifting data overages at all and everyone was in the same boat, but if they’re doing it for some plans, why not others? Especially people using hubs who already pay an arm and leg for internet due solely to their location. Very disappointed in this decision and will likely be looking at different options because this will not be feasible for my family.

mspencer1
I've Been Here Awhile

Last month for my rocket hub I paid $287.00! Obviously I went over

RockinR
I Plan to Stick Around

Awww that's terrible! That's 5-25Mbps unlimited connections to people that these companies think that can have unlimited internet in their service area proper. Because you are where you are in their opinion that's what you pay. Unreal. Oh and in their opinion you did wrong that's why you pay is their respectful answer. Mspencer I hope one day you'll be able to drop kick that Hub right into a fire pit.

MKJB
I Plan to Stick Around
Any further response to these concerned customers?

Your direct competitor in my area does 100 GB for $60/mo using the exact same cell tower as Rogers does. Cheaper if you use more.

Given that's the case I think the customers here could benefit from an official follow up response from Rogers on this.