Bye all

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Enthusiast

Bye all

So, as of this afternoon, I dropped/switched the last of my Rogers services to another provider. In the past 2 years I have slowly removed the ones I had. At one point that was: VIP Cable (with 2 PVR rentals), Home Phone, Internet, and 2 smartphones. I switched from Rogers to Teksavvy for my Internet, dropped cable altogether (using OTA), got an Ooma box to replace my home phone ($3.99/mth), one phone was removed a while back, and now today my last phone.

Good luck with Rogers, everyone. I won't be back.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Bye all

Sorry to see you go. Why did you cancel?

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄
I Plan to Stick Around

Smart! 15 daze to go for me.

I migrated services too. Magic Jack has worked flawlessly for almost three years and costs $1.70/mo. Private (cheap) Internets service. Both have never gone down for 1 second. Great satellite service from another place.

My sincere congratulations!!!!
I'm an Enthusiast

Sorry. Just saw your post. Came on to see what people were saying about Shomi...

I cancelled everything because I can save a lot of money with another provider. I don't use my mobile data plan to do a lot, so the whole "lte" thing was not something I gave two craps about. I just wanted something basic, and at $35/mth unlimited everything, the provider I have fits the bill.

In fact, we cancelled two other wireless plans and switched them all over. Even with paying a penalty, the new service will save money after 6 months.

I Plan to Stick Around

Headed in the same direction myself. I've had enough of poor internet service, excuses, the blame game on the customer when it has nothing to do with the customer, invoice date changes thereby up the payment date and resulting in late fees, when in fact the payments weren't late at all, and this list goes on. I'm just waiting till the 30 day cancellation requirement is history as of Jan 23rd, 2015. At that point I'll start the transfer of everything and be rid of this forever. Even my prepaid cells will be transferred.