Bulk Cable Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Bulk Cable Service

I moved into my present address, a town house in November of 2011.  The bulk Cable service is provided by Rogers and I recently  learned that I am entitle to one HDTV box and this was confirmed today  at 10:30AM by a Male Customers Service Agent at a Rogers Store in Warden Avenue, Scarborough.  I was told  the equipment should be available after 11:00AM.  However, when I return to the store at 1:00PM I was told by 2 young Filipina ladies that although my service address is entitle to 1 HDTV Box  I am not authorized to have the equipment.  I am really amazed and puzzle by their statement.  I notice with most Rogers retails If you're not there to provide business they are very reluctant to provide assistance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bulk Cable Service

Obviously the one rep, didnt pass this onto the others.
If the one guy was able to look up the stuff.. you should have rights/access to get it.  Say compared to like if the accounts due to it were in say the name of the town house complex name, and had to go through him..

I have found i go out of my way now, to physicaly go to a specific store, rather than one closer to me, due to stuff like this.. better service at the other one.. they are actually knoledgable and helpful.

You could try calling the store back, and ask to speak to a manager.. Depending on the store, the manager may not be any better 😞  But they may be able to.

Worse case, i would give the 1800 a call, and hopefully they can set it up for you that way.. send out the box, arange a tech to come out with it, etc.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I used to live in a condo which had bulk cable.  Typically, you are entitled to 1 - 3 SD digital boxes, I've never really heard of a bulk account including an HD box.  The SD boxes, which typically rent for around $5 per month can be PUT TOWARDS the rental of an HD box.  Therefore, if you were to upgrade to an HD box, or an HD PVR, you would be credited the ~$5 rental fee, but would have to pay the difference, and pay for anything above and beyond the 'basic' cable package that is included with your bulk package.

Usually Rogers has this information on file once they pull up your account - NOT always, but most of the time.

I've Been Here Awhile

I can't turn on my digital box and I live in a building and the building covers the Cable cost can I go to a Rogers store and swap for a new one?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you get a blank bill for the services? You would need the account no

I've Been Here Awhile

I get a blank bill so can I go and swap for a new one?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, should be able to then.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Scott416

Even if the bill is blank, you can still go to your local Rogers store and swap the box for another one as long as u have a Rogers cable account or own the box.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You can't swap a purchased box at a Rogers store, only rentals.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

You can't swap a purchased box at a Rogers store, only rentals.

Correct.. the above stuff only goes for a RENTAL box.

But in many places.. my grandmothers old condo for example.. included rogers in the monthly fee, including a digital box rental.  Got a $0 bill for it.

Bill really is just for the account #