Book television

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Book television

So, I noticed there was a charge on my last cable bill for "book television" The charge for it is only $2.51, which is basically nothing, but just wondering what it is, as I've never heard anything about it before, and never noticed it on my other bills? Any ideas?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Book television

Hi @Tweedies

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

Book Television is channel that you can add on individually or select it as a bonus channel depending on your cable package.

Book Television is also the defaultfor bonus channel selection.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would like to know what are the channels on Ottawa Rogers, for Book Television, It is in my pkg, but dont know what they are
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Try Ch 273.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

What channel is Book television? 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@voconnor : as indicated in the post above yours, it's channel 273 (at least it is at my location in Toronto - channels can sometimes vary by location).  Also see the following link if you're looking for channels, you can scroll  the list alphabetically,  

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv#/channels

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You say too many things, without saying nothing.

Get to the point of what is book television?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kelito wrote:  ...what is book television?

Originally it was a channel where people discussed books, literature, "cerebral things" etc.  I just looked at the guide and it now appears to be just a few old reruns...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

basically nothing, ??? Multiply  for 3 million customer ??

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kelito wrote:

basically nothing, ??? Multiply  for 3 million customer ??

That's kinda the problem with TV these days.  Back in the mid-90's we got a bunch of fresh, new specialty channels that catered to a wide variety of special interests... which have since either gone off the air or devolved into "zombie channels" which show nothing but low-budget program content and/or reruns of old shows (that the channel's owner owns the rights to) that have nothing to do with the channel's original raison d'être.  Too many channels offer little or no value yet are still alive solely because they get bundled into mega-channel packages and they receive revenue as a result of those channels being force-fed to cable/satellite/IPTV subscribers.